• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dubow in great shape

bseal

Don't trust this seller. Simon is a no good, low down varmint. And I mean "varmint" in the strongest of terms. Just kicking dirt on the sale, so I can have it all to myself.

taikonaut

It clearly shows goats skin hold up well against horse hide over the years. The label looks like its been re-sewn?

A

Anonymous

I will copy and paste directly from acmedepot, since the language perfectly describes this jacket:

"The color of this jacket is a darker brown, and more of a seal brown than russet, but it was original and not re-dyed. The leather, ostensibly horse but possibly steer, was overall noticeably thinner than average and very soft and supple. Almost the entire jacket was covered with extremely nice grain and wrinkling. There was no AN inspector's stamp found in the lining."

As for the label, it's not restitched ... it's exactly as it should be.

greyhound52

I really like the shade of the knits same color as JC is using on his HH Dubow. Wow he really got the color right. This is a real nice jacket which it were a 44.

A

Anonymous

greyhound52 said:
I really like the shade of the knits same color as JC is using on his HH Dubow. Wow he really got the color right. This is a real nice jacket which it were a 44.

Thanks. The upper sleeve issue is a bit of a drag but otherwise yes it's a nice jacket.

bazelot

I have exactly the same one in size 42 (Shoulder to shoulder 18.5") and mine is horsehide and the leather is really strong. Lining and leather on mine would be a 9 out of 10. Still has its original Crown zipper. I wear it as often as I can.

Peter Graham

bazelot said:
I have exactly the same one in size 42 (Shoulder to shoulder 18.5") and mine is horsehide and the leather is really strong. Lining and leather on mine would be a 9 out of 10. Still has its original Crown zipper. I wear it as often as I can.
Hi Tom, good to see you on board. I thought you had gone AWOL.

bazelot

I went AWOL for awhile and then came back :)
Actually I was really busy with my job and did not find time to register on the new forum. It's good to be back.
i haven't bought any jacket on Ebay for a while now. It's time to get back to business :)

bazelot

Here are pics of mine:

dubow005-2.jpg

dubow004-2.jpg

dubow003-2.jpg

Sequoia213.jpg

Sequoia209.jpg

Sequoia207.jpg

Sequoia206.jpg

A

Anonymous

Leadsky said:
Tom, that in a 46 would be my idea of heaven (for the immediate moment anyway).

Anyone?

Yep, one of those in a 44 would also do me nicely.

bazelot

This Dubow 42 is more akin to a 44 than a 42. The shoulder to shoulder measurements are 18.5", sleeve length is 25" and Armpit 22". It fits me well. THe leather is really thick on this Dubow and does not show any weakening anywhere.

Andrew

Those shots taken after you gave it a Pecard treatment if I recall? Don't suppose you have any now it's settled down?

A

Anonymous

bazelot said:
This Dubow 42 is more akin to a 44 than a 42. The shoulder to shoulder measurements are 18.5", sleeve length is 25" and Armpit 22". It fits me well. THe leather is really thick on this Dubow and does not show any weakening anywhere.

Well if you ever want to unload it I'd be happy to take it off your hands.