• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DUBOW 27798 SIZE 42

Roughwear

I have had this Dubow for sometime but have just got round posting the photos on the forum. The russet horsehide is very supple with smooth areas and areas of pronounced grain. The jacket is 100% original apart from the knits which the previous owner had installed by John Chapman. The zipper is the original Talon. It's a sharp jacket to wear and I particularly like the pointed collar and gently rounded pocket flaps.

002-29.jpg

012-35.jpg

003-32.jpg

006-31.jpg

007-29.jpg

005-28.jpg

008-33.jpg

009-36.jpg

014-28.jpg

011-29.jpg

010-35.jpg

A

Anonymous

Nice jacket Andrew ,which is your favourite maker .

All the best Jeff

Roughwear

DUBOWA2 said:
Nice jacket Andrew ,which is your favourite maker .

All the best Jeff

I don't have one favourite maker. For shear style I love Donigers, Dubows and Spiewaks. Their pointed collars give them a sharp appearance. I'm also very partial to Perrys with their rounded collars and pocket flaps.

Chris217

Great jacket Andrew!! Dubows are one of my favorites.

Just out of curiousity, is the hide thin or thick?

Roughwear

Chris217 said:
Great jacket Andrew!! Dubows are one of my favorites.

Just out of curiousity, is the hide thin or thick?

It varies, thinner in some areas than others. It's generally thicker than my Poughkeepsie, and very similar to my Monarch.

Andrew

Lovely jacket Andrew, lately i've been giving my GW Dubow a lot of wear and am enjoying watching the development of the dye wearing off in exposed and raised locations- a pretty normal reaction and a feature of many originals, but seeing this makes you realize that some just kept their colour and aged gracefully. Very nice Mr Size 42!