• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

du bow 1755 (11631) contract..........

Roughwear

This what is said about the contract on acemdepot:

Dubow's last A-2 contract is W33-038ac1755(11631). Because of the unusual nature of this contract designation, it is sometimes mistaken for an early contract. But the lack of a collar stand and the presence of rectangular epaulet box-stitching gives it away as a later contract. Moreover, one needs only examine the contract labels of the successor to the A-2, the B-10, to see that this contract format appeared later in the war.

Swing is very authoritative about dating A2 contracts. He should know. My guess is a late 1943 contract with production running into 1944.

jacketimp

Roughwear said:
This what is said about the contract on acemdepot:

Dubow's last A-2 contract is W33-038ac1755(11631). Because of the unusual nature of this contract designation, it is sometimes mistaken for an early contract. But the lack of a collar stand and the presence of rectangular epaulet box-stitching gives it away as a later contract. Moreover, one needs only examine the contract labels of the successor to the A-2, the B-10, to see that this contract format appeared later in the war.

Swing is very authoritative about dating A2 contracts. He should know. My guess is a late 1943 contract with production running into 1944.

thanks for the link, RW.

I remember swing did mention about it but I can't find it-old forum, perhaps?

cheers,

imp