• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Doursoux Hartmann

Pilot

The French jackets are expensive and out of my price range but if you would compare them to a2's they are the goodwear of Luftwaffe jackets, every picture I have seen from forums of the Eastman's jacket shows they are cut to long, the high cut waist is the defining feature of these jackets regardless of any other discrepancies.
Look at the photos at the greater distance between the top of the pocket flap and zipper on the eastman.

View attachment 40434View attachment 40433
Agree, the above pics look good... for a certain size...
Here below it looks not very authentic, IMHO even totally out of proportions ...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eastman-...816306?hash=item5b6e325532:g:DhEAAOSwWxJeSpU6...
On the other hand, distances are only a part of a jacket... materials and hardware are the other important parts...(liners, metalware etc...)

Last edited:

ausreenactor

Have had three ELC Hartmann jackets over the years. Sold the last one in 2014.

Never truly got behind the styling. The appeal of a garment tied to a defeated Air Force, built by collaborating elements of an invaded nation, never looked like a 'winner'. Now the A-2 on the other hand! That style screams 'Victory'!

The Hartman was the only jacket that ever got compliments in public though? Need a Californian or a Highwayman perhaps....

Pilot

Have had three ELC Hartmann jackets over the years. Sold the last one in 2014.

Never truly got behind the styling. The appeal of a garment tied to a defeated Air Force, built by collaborating elements of an invaded nation, never looked like a 'winner'. Now the A-2 on the other hand! That style screams 'Victory'!

The Hartman was the only jacket that ever got compliments in public though? Need a Californian or a Highwayman perhaps....
Thats your view and perception.
Others think differently, pay 1.6K Euro and even wait 12 +++ Months...
„Dont marry 3 times the same Lady to finally find out, she does not know how to iron or walk“... and so divorce here again... it might become a „rip off“...(and surely over 1.6K) :):):).

Last edited:

Pilot

58D9FF74-E4C7-49FB-A5E7-46354DDC58A0.jpeg

Bremspropeller

I have to disagree here: The Hartmann (I don't like the name) is quite possibly the sh1t-hottest flight jacket of it's time. And that without even trying (it's not a dedicated flight-jacket, after all).
The Hartmann was worn by both german pilots and french civillians (including partisans), so there's a lot of character right there. Hardly not looking like a "winner".
The A2 looks completely tame in comparison. The M422 and G1 look cooler, but that might be due to TopGun fame. So does the B10 (which kind of is a dumbed-down cloth M422 with epaulettes). Still not as cool as the Hartmann.

But that's just my opinion.

I think the ELC Hartmann is out of proportion because they tried to make it work with the lower waistline of modern trousers.
It somewhat loses the sharpness of the original's look by doing that, but it still looks pretty cool IMHO.

I do have two ELCs, but I'm seriously eyeballing that french repro!

Rory Schultz

Thx for asking= Tailor made...
Hey Brice, did anyone find out who the original maker of the French cyclist jacket was during 1930's and 40's? I do not recall who made them. Also, you are the one who asked me if I were selling my Reich Defense jacket that is electrically heated with wiring still attached? My friend Labde has 3 of them with wiring that she is selling plus she has a huge collection of vintage jackets (also original WW2 period Hartmann's) She joined our forum but I think she did not navigate it yet. I have not navigated it either. If you are the one looking for Reich Defense one let me know and I will tell her.

Rory Schultz

Her private collection is off the chart! These are the ones she will not sell and trust me she has a ton of the best jackets and coats along with Wartime ones. She travels all over the world picking out collectables, she has an uncanny nose to finding them.

Pilot

Hi Rory,
very happy to read you sound an healthy.
“ Hartmann “ jackets were all made by several private owned Co... from 1930s to 1950s.and maybe even later.. one was “ maison bleue”... but others as well... and sorry I have no records since I go for issued jackets and take Hartmann’s as a nice to have “by-product” only...
Wired issued jackets:... I pay premium... if .. good.
Very interested in the wired jackets,
Please please pm ...
Thx a lot Rory... appreciate.
Keep safe and healthy
Cheers
Brice

Last edited:

Pilot

100000% agree...
Only one and only makes them to the right cut and pattern..... ( seen here many times)
The little French artisan.
Just check it out.... and if interested digggggg deepppp in your pockets...and remain patient and cool...
The old but still valid moto...“ Fly with the Eagle... or crash with the chicken”... Amway1975...;)

Last edited:

Pilot

Just got this: the little French artisan will not take orders anymore... apparently too busy with finishing jackets for “ running orders/customers “...
...”Will retire end of 2020...early 2021... after all current orders have been delivered and completed....” Stocks sold to collectors...
Thx. a to all... stay healthy and safe.

Pilot

Happy to help out with those Hartmann’s and “Jet jackets...”.:p:p:p:p
If no new orders are available anymore....

Members online

Latest posts