• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Doursoux Hartmann

Bombing IP

There cycling jacket looks really nice and is at an affordable price !. Needs the interlocking buckle to finish it off .Their other jackets look great Italian quality leather and construction .

BIP

Kermit3D

There cycling jacket looks really nice and is at an affordable price !. Needs the interlocking buckle to finish it off .Their other jackets look great Italian quality leather and construction .

BIP

Some of the original jackets didn't have the buckle, even though it looks nicer when it's there. Too bad for Riri zippers...

flightjacket1.jpg

Last edited:

Rory Schultz

Have you ever seen anybody else wearing the "Marseille" jacket-pattern?
I think Marseille's jacket is very stylish and it also seems like nobody has ever ben able to re-create ist accurately (despite several makers claiming to offer an exact repro).

The Marseille jacket is actually a Hilbert Double Breasted 4 flap pocket with belted sleeve. I have 2 variants of that Hilbert. There is a Dutch made one just like the Marseille by Gelmok but it does not have the belted sleeve. I have that one too.

Last edited:

Rory Schultz

New from Connection Knitwear : a cyclist jacket.
Not conform to the production of the 1930's and 1940's, but for those who are not necessarily looking for a historically correct jacket, it might be interesting.

More details can be seen on the facebook page :

I have several of these style but were German made jackets.

Rory Schultz

20210227_130516 (2).jpg20210310_194024.jpg20210310_194052.jpg20210310_205105.jpg20210310_205146.jpg20210227_131021 (1).jpg

My waist buckles finally arrived from France. An associate said he found them at a flea market and so I laid them out, this is showing how they will look on my jackets when I get them sewn on. On one French made period jacket I only need to switch it out with the better looking buckle. These other jackets are vintage WW2 period German private purchase jackets. I thought they would look cool with the waist buckles. I spent a long time restoring the leather of these jackets. I discovered that even if you add all the leather cleaners and feed the leather it still takes time to really let it cure the leather and the STITCHING. I made the mistake on one of my valuable DB 4 pocket ones by not letting it cure and feed it over time. Once I put it on the stitches broke at the shoulder and neck areas. So i learned that you must let the additives really take time to strengthen the stitching and not be too brittle. So I worked on these 2 jackets for a year, once a week feeding the leather and stitching.

Last edited: