• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Doursoux Hartmann

Pilot

Sweet....you are so lucky! May I ask, what are the metal buckles made from? And did you say at one point that you had leftover parts? Like maybe some buckles?
Yes! metal parts buckles... magnetic... like pre 1945 originals..
7C913B52-6B0F-451C-8C4A-46E75F7C3C93.jpeg

Last edited:

Enigma1938

I thought this design was the German design waist buckle. Because I saw some photos of German made jackets that had this waist buckle on it. Am I incorrect?

There were never German designet buckles for cyclist jackets because this were French jackets with all French own parts on it.

Rory Schultz

One jacket that eludes me and can not find it anywhere is the suede leather one the pilots wore during the Spanish Civil War. It is single breasted button up with button pockets. And the buffed leather version with large collar. The other one is the what Molders wore with the belted waist.
pilots-of-the-legion-condor-in-spain-1939-cpm9n0.jpg
pilots-of-the-legion-condor-in-spain-1939-CPM9N6.jpg

Rory Schultz

If you look at the first photo of the suede leather one there is a lay over flap that buttons. The 2nd photo you can not see is their jackets are button up but it has a small belted at the waist. You can barely see it on the pilot on the left side of photo. I have not found any info on these jackets or who or where they are from. I saw these jackets and a few others many years ago at the Aviation Museum in Madrid in the section about the Spanish Civil War.

B-Man2

All of these jackets look cool for what they were used for and the time period they were worn in, no doubt about it . But by today’s standards they look about a size too small and too short . I think I would get some funny looks if I wore one today in the correct period size. Still... it looks damn cool .

Kermit3D

These are undoubtedly jackets that come from private purchase. So it is almost impossible to find an exactly identical model today.
It could be any fashionable jacket that was found in the tailoring districts in the early 1940s.

Kermit3D

All of these jackets look cool for what they were used for and the time period they were worn in, no doubt about it . But by today’s standards they look about a size too small and too short . I think I would get some funny looks if I wore one today in the correct period size. Still... it looks damn cool .

When you wear this kind of jacket today, I think the main problem is the height of the waist. Because pants are worn much lower than before.
Contrary to what we might think, these jackets (cyclist jackets) are not that narrow. The pattern is square. I have more room in my cyclist jacket (to accommodate a big knit for example) than in my A-2 jacket.
I think that people who are a bit "wide" (I don't know how to say it properly in English) could wear a cyclist jacket without being ridiculous.

Rory Schultz

My only problem with the waist is that I went from 30 inch to 44 inch! Just in the last 3 years! It wasn't from over eating. It started when my gallbladder ruptured. Once it was removed the waistline ballooned.