• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Doniger Bargain

Mr. Mike

That is really a great offer. But as stated in the description the 42 seems to be rather wartime original sizing copied well (unfortunately too small for me :()

coolhandluke

Shoulders at 16.5 is a 38 in my book...

But very nice and good price.

Dany

That's a front measurement (not sure why). I'm assuming the true shoulder measurement from the back should be closer to 18". IIRC, most size 42 Good Wear Donigers that's I've seen measurements on typically have around 18" - 18.25" shoulder widths. The pit to pit measurement and length that the seller provided is definitely somewhere in the size 38 - 40 neighborhood. The sleeves would be about 1/2" longer than I'd prefer.

The seller states he's a size 38 so I'm assuming that it's still on the large side for him. I've asked for his height, weight, and chest size (as well as a possible test fit prior to purchase). Haven't heard anything back at this time.

Last edited:

coolhandluke

Yea, but 700.00 for a GW? Certainly, that's true justification!

$799 + tax ($881.69 total). That's not much cheaper than a majority of the jackets that you can find listed in Good Wear's sale page. If it could be purchased outside of eBay FTF, that would make it a much more attractive price IMO.

Dany McDonald

That's not much cheaper than a majority of the jackets that you can find listed in Good Wear's sale page

Yep but when have you seen a size 38/40 on the sale page? The reality is they are rare or someone has dibs on that size before they go up... ;)

You may be right on the shoulders, this has to be cleared with the seller for sure.

Anyways good luck!

Dany

Silver Surfer

methinks it has shrunk disproportionately. that, or its a custom made jacket. the seller informed me that the back shoulder to shoulder measurement is 17". seems to me to be a taller, narrower guy size 40 .

coolhandluke

methinks it has shrunk disproportionately. that, or its a custom made jacket. the seller informed me that the back shoulder to shoulder measurement is 17". seems to me to be a taller, narrower guy size 40 .

Yikes...17" is tiny.
Strange sizing. Has to be custom.
I hope it fits @coolhandluke

If 17" is a correct measurement, it will definitely be too small. My other jackets are 18" - 18.25". After taking a second look at the photos, the shoulder width does look disproportionately small when compared to the width of the chest.