• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Don’t Patronize Bill Kelso

I just learned my post about my Grandfather’s 549th NFS patch was taken down by Bill Kelso on his Facebook flight jacket group because my Profile Picture is a BLM logo.

First, he’s a coward. He could’ve come to me like a man and discussed it. I’m furious but mostly I’m just disappointed at this blatantly racist and politically-driven decision. Second, I left his group immediately. This isn’t what my Grandfather, a believer in civil rights, risked his life for on Iwo Jima in 1945.
Sorry to bring politics to this page, but it wasn’t my doing. I can also guarantee I’ll never order anything from him.
FYI, here’s my Grandpa’s patch and a pic of him and my Grandmother right before he left for Iwo.

Attachments

• 2C3B33DB-4130-4438-8B11-9FEB36EF1EB1.jpeg
    2C3B33DB-4130-4438-8B11-9FEB36EF1EB1.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 223
  • C562708F-2C3E-48EB-B0C3-2F173B8F8E87.jpeg
    C562708F-2C3E-48EB-B0C3-2F173B8F8E87.jpeg
    419.8 KB · Views: 217

B-Man2

Hi Stephen
With all the sincerest of respect for your opinion. this is not the place to address your position with regard to any inflammatory political issues . We are an A-political forum and as such we don’t express our political ideologies here. We are an anti- racist , anti-bigot- anti-homophobe, anti-violence international group of honest , well meaning , individuals who share their like of jackets and flight gear , and military history . Your issues with Bill Kelso should be addressed where they originated , on Facebook with Bill Kelso. I noticed that you have been a member on this forum since 2008 but that this is only your 3rd attempt to integrate yourself here with a posting and as it turns out it’s a political request asking us all to initiate a boycott of a jacket manufacturer. That seems a little strange on face value , and almost makes me wonder are we being punked or race baited. Once again not trying to get into a pissing contest with you just making an observation .
Let me suggest that since you’ve been in the shadows for so long why not join us in enjoying what this forum has to offer , honesty , integrity , friendship and some great conversations about jackets , and military history. We welcome you in that regard .

fleet16b

Hi Stephen
With all the sincerest of respect for your opinion. this is not the place to address your position with regard to any inflammatory political issues . We are an A-political forum and as such we don’t express our political ideologies here. We are an anti- racist , anti-bigot- anti-homophobe, anti-violence international group of honest , well meaning , individuals who share their like of jackets and flight gear , and military history . Your issues with Bill Kelso should be addressed where they originated , on Facebook with Bill Kelso. I noticed that you have been a member on this forum since 2008 but that this is only your 3rd attempt to integrate yourself here with a posting and as it turns out it’s a political request asking us all to initiate a boycott of a jacket manufacturer. That seems a little strange on face value , and almost makes me wonder are we being punked or race baited. Once again not trying to get into a pissing contest with you just making an observation .
Let me suggest that since you’ve been in the shadows for so long why not join us in enjoying what this forum has to offer , honesty , integrity , friendship and some great conversations about jackets , and military history. We welcome you in that regard .
Well said and thank you
We don’t need political discussions here
And as stated the issue with Kelso has no place here either.

Yes, I've been on this forum for years - I'd posted as Virgil Hilts dozens of times, if memory serves. I predate most of the folks on this site. My entire point was my posts had nothing to do with politics and he bounced me for a simple image. I get the desire to keep politics off the site. I've never brought them here before. Your "race bait" comments are unfortunate. "Integrity" is also an interesting word to use. My whole point was Kelso demonstrated none with his actions. Good bye and good luck.

B-Man2

Yes, I've been on this forum for years - I'd posted as Virgil Hilts dozens of times, if memory serves. I predate most of the folks on this site. My entire point was my posts had nothing to do with politics and he bounced me for a simple image. I get the desire to keep politics off the site. I've never brought them here before. Your "race bait" comments are unfortunate. "Integrity" is also an interesting word to use. My whole point was Kelso demonstrated none with his actions. Good bye and good luck.
Bye.... and good luck to you as well.

Smithy

Burt is, and always has been, pure class. He's probably the most stand up chap here and also a true gentleman. What we call back home, a top bloke.

We all have our opinions on things in these politically charged times but this isn't the place to vent them.

I always liked the rules at my Dad's RNZAF Officers' Mess - No politics, no religion and no shop talk.

B-Man2

Guys thanks for all of your kind words, they are deeply appreciated. However, we have some outstanding moderators, who are far better at this sort of thing than I could ever hope to be.
I have enjoyed reading and participating on this forum and chatting with all of you for a number of years . I hope to be able to continue doing just that for several more and nothing further. But once again thank you:)
Cheers