• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anyone know where buttons can be sourced like this? Cuff of M1948 Parka

physcult

Please send pics from the back and the precise diameter.
We may have NOS from ex bases in South Korea and Japan
This picture highlights the difference in colour I’m used to seeing on an M51 Parka or Field Jacket. These are the smaller liner buttons on the inside of the coat . The top neck buttons are in the brown colour , the rest are in the usual colour. Both buttons could look brownish without the comparison, especially compared to the green on M65 coats,
00378EEE-1777-411A-9DC1-81B9BF2AE800.jpeg

Last edited:

Pilot

This picture highlights the difference in colour I’m used to seeing on an M51 Parka or Field Jacket. These are the smaller liner buttons on the inside of the coat . The top neck buttons are in the brown colour , the rest are in the usual colour. Both buttons could look brownish without the comparison, especially compared to the green on M65 coats,View attachment 97025
Thanks
again back pics and diam. please.
Also, shipping only via courier no more postal… so .. might be quite highly priced.. but thats the way it is nowadays…
Up to the prospect and buyer… happy to help out..if all fits..

Pilot

We repair with those here in Japan.
Courier Shipping ( no more postal ) will be from EU, South Korea or Japan.
344F51DE-4CBB-46C0-8948-6BA56829AC9E.jpeg
F061482D-7460-4C4D-A3A9-F4FE98CB4868.jpeg
1D80B9EB-DC92-463C-A058-E54EF417AA57.jpeg

Last edited:

nagmashdriver

They aren't all that different than those used on the cuffs of the M-51 and M-65 field PARKA. Additionally, they are very similar to US Army raincoats of the same period.
If you buy anything from me in my Etsy/Bonanza/Gunbroker listings (all under "nagmashdriver") I'll send you several buttons (raincoat style in chocolate brown) for free and any others you might need, provided that I have in my scrap box.

physcult

They aren't all that different than those used on the cuffs of the M-51 and M-65 field PARKA. Additionally, they are very similar to US Army raincoats of the same period.
If you buy anything from me in my Etsy/Bonanza/Gunbroker listings (all under "nagmashdriver") I'll send you several buttons (raincoat style in chocolate brown) for free and any others you might need, provided that I have in my scrap box.
Thank you . I’ll look through your shop later tonight

physcult

That looks like the correct button . It appears to exactly 28mm View attachment 97069View attachment 97071
I think thats an M51 style button next to it ,
DC930F01-8108-4E66-9DE7-853E545AF65D.jpeg
that’s sewn on the neck of the coat

Pilot

Apologies, but shipping via courier to UK for a small price like 30 Euro for buttons became just unsane… so sorry about that.
Happy hunting.

physcult

Apologies, but shipping via courier to UK for a small price like 30 Euro for buttons became just unsane… so sorry about that.
Happy hunting.
Have you got more to send ? I can order more buttons if you have them ? I’ve PM’d you

physcult

or if anyone knows how you replace zippers if the zipper tape is sewn under the pop studs ! ‍♂️. Nothing simple is there ?
AF05B4C0-0EF7-477C-9746-D19160C16AC4.png