• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anyone know where buttons can be sourced like this? Cuff of M1948 Parka

physcult

Hi there . I’m new here so hello everyone. My name is Chris. Does anyone know where I could source a couple of cuff buttons for an MI948 Parka? They are different to M51 and M65, much browner in colour , but I presume the buttons must have been used on other garments?
8AD4185C-7665-48BE-A630-0B99268D5C56.jpeg
579D9DE2-166F-45D6-9911-481FC0D2EAE6.jpeg

physcult

Have a look at MASH Japan or even eBay has some buttons for vintage military stuff, sometimes.

Good luck with your search.

Dany
Hi Danny ,
yes I tried Mash . They were not willing to advise on buttons, so I bought a few of anything remotely similar to see if anyyhjmg was similar . No joy . I’ve searched on eBay for M1948 parka buttons .but nothing useful came up yet. That’s partly why I was interested if they were used on other garments so I could search for different items instead

Dany McDonald

Chris,

Oh I see, your stuck...

The ones I saw on Ebay were sold as is, with no provenance or application. Its a guess for the buyer if its not clear... Will ping you if I see something on Ebay.

And maybe someone here can help you out with his/her stash.

Dany

physcult

Chris,

Oh I see, your stuck...

The ones I saw on Ebay were sold as is, with no provenance or application. Its a guess for the buyer if its not clear... Will ping you if I see something on Ebay.

And maybe someone here can help you out with his/her stash.

Dany
I would have put a listing in the ‘wanted’ section but I’m restricted from posting there . Probably something to do with being new to protect members from scammers .

physcult

You may have to find buttons closely resembling them and replace them with those.
Yep, M51 or M65 buttons are much easier to get info on. Easier to find on eBay and listed on the Mash site . I bought some there on standby if I can’t find a couple or correct ones

physcult

JonnyCrow

Thank you Jonny, II already bought some M51 style buttons but I’m just seeing if I can find some correct ones before I cut all the good ones off and replace with M51.
No problems, I used to buy buttons in by the bag when I saw them cheap, and original thread haha never know when you need them for a renovation

jack31916

Check these out on Ebay

These are genuine military buttons as used on the M-1943, M-1951 and other military jackets. Seller has more military buttons in different colors / diameters.

Micawber

Check these out on Ebay

These are genuine military buttons as used on the M-1943, M-1951 and other military jackets. Seller has more military buttons in different colors / diameters.

A useful seller. Thanks for the heads up.

physcult

Check these out on Ebay

Nice find, thank you . Lots of buttons on there . Unfortunately not the same as these ones . These are flat on the rear side and a large 28mm or so . Pretty big !

Pilot

Please send pics from the back and the precise diameter.
We may have NOS from ex bases in South Korea and Japan

physcult

Please send pics from the back and the precise diameter.
We may have NOS from ex bases in South Korea and Japan
Awesome .
Best measurement is 28mm (it could be a little over , that’s just using a tape measure )
The back is completely smooth . No ridge
4A6F2009-EF7B-4DE3-964F-F23D9F32DCCF.jpeg

Last edited: