• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anyone here have one of Johns Perry's?

RudyN

Sorry don't have mine yet. Just getting ready to order. I do know at least one person has one, however, I forgot who.

A

Anonymous

I have one- it's the one on john's site I beleieve. I'll try to post pics soon-

C.J.

Andrew

This is the "Mother" of the clones being worn by John.

As a 48 this particular jacket's reasonably wide in the body. The collar stand makes it sit a little higher at the back around the collar, and the arms taper beautifully without any puff at the cuffs.

front_back_full.jpg

C.J.

The collar there looks pretty good. The collar has been my only hang up between the Perry and the 16160. Is that your, leadsky? Do you think the collar is much smaller than say, the Aero 16610 or others like it?

Andrew

C.J. said:
The collar there looks pretty good. The collar has been my only hang up between the Perry and the 16160. Is that your, leadsky? Do you think the collar is much smaller than say, the Aero 16610 or others like it?

Yes, it's mine.

No CJ, I have no idea how it compares, i'm sure some expert will know.
These might help though...
collar.jpg

collar_details.jpg

A

Anonymous

C.J. said:
The collar is smaller than on the 16160- the Perry has around a 2 1/2" collar width and the Aero 16160 more like 3+". (This gleaned from the GW 16160 I had and the Perry I have now...)

C.J.

rotenhahn said:
C.J. said:
The collar is smaller than on the 16160- the Perry has around a 2 1/2" collar width and the Aero 16160 more like 3+". (This gleaned from the GW 16160 I had and the Perry I have now...)

Thanks, Jeff.

Grant

From the photos of bseal's repro Perry and the originals I've seen the GW sleeves appear to be cut too wide. Attached is a photo of my sz. 42 Perry (also take a look at John wearing the original). Maybe it's just because the GW jacket is lying flat? It'd be interesting to see what the GW repro looks like being worn. I do like the brass Conmar zip in the GW!
Perrysz.jpg

A

Anonymous

Grant:
From the photos of bseal's repro Perry and the originals I've seen the GW sleeves appear to be cut too wide. Attached is a photo of my sz. 42 Perry (also take a look at John wearing the original). Maybe it's just because the GW jacket is lying flat?
It's an optical illusion- the GW's sleeve is the same dimension as the original. If you saw this jacket (I have the Perry on the GW site) you'd see it's scary how close it is! Your original is beautiful!

Andrew

That is indeed a beautiful jacket- excellent sleeve shape. The body does seem trimmer than mine too, but I guess it's a part of being a 42 as opposed to the larger sizes.