• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do folks in the Air Force of Navy wear Repros?

les_garten

Les, in both the Marine Corps and Navy, repro, vintage, and modified issued jackets are all worn. In fact I wore all types while I was on active duty. I prefer vintage originals, but many repro (G&B, Osan specials, and high end manufactures) are all represented. Unfortunately only a few aircraft types actually use these jackets while flying.

Cheers,
Mowgli

Thanx for the FYI, thought it might be so.

fleet16b

Well here are my thoughts
If a branch of the Armed Forces all of a sudden pick a manufacturer of A2's , G1's etc and gave them a contract to supply their personnel, then the jacket would no longer be considered a repro.
It would now be considered original standard issue foe 2016. So technically is would be a real A2 or what have you.

GARY WELLS

CWU-45/P 46-48 (VF-103 Sluggers)

Attachments

• E2C76EE3-FF1D-452C-BC06-4F7E26721C49.jpeg
    E2C76EE3-FF1D-452C-BC06-4F7E26721C49.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 314

MikeyB-17

I've seen it mentioned here before that there was somewhere in the middle east (India, Turkey?) where aircrew used to pick up goatskin flight jackets cheap.

Officer Dibley

On the USAF fighter base where i work, i've never seen any aircrew wearing any leather A-2 jacket other than the issue one.
CWU's are the norm in flight suits though the new issue softshell has become popular amongst those who are on flying duties (as opposed to those no longer flying but continue to wear the coveralls....)
I wear my GW 27752 and only one pilot (a lady) has commented that my jacket looks good. Aircrew aren't bothered. To them it's just a uniform item of wear.

Wholenineyards

In 2008, Helicopter Anti Submarine Squadron 10 had some funds left over and they got everybody in the wardroom a G&B G-1. My buddy was the German exchange instructor there during that time and got to keep his. But he rarely wears it in Germany. When he does, I rejoice...