• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DIY B3. Nearly spilt my tea reading this

Micawber

Not sure if this has been posted here before..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WWII-B-3...item2f2a6ff97e:g:OS8AAOSwqjhcSk3u:rk:183:pf:0

"wwii be jacket original 100%
As you can see from the first picture this jacket was full
it is original
the unstitched because I wanted to assemble well,
but then I have not finished the job in time,
the jacket is complete and there are all the pieces, but some are torn as you see from the photos,
medium size"

o_O

Southoftheborder

Someone I once knew bought a BSA A10 off of a friend of mine and then thought it could do with a rebuild. He got stuck in and stripped it down to its parts. But he found out that it was a bit harder to recondition the parts and put it all back together again. So he put the lot in a tea chest and stuck the frame and wheels on top and left in in the cellar. And a couple of years later sold the lot for fifty quid.

Bombing IP

I think you need a special sewing machine to work on shearling ? . This could of halted the job ,but in its disassembled state I would put the value at $75.00 max not 250.00 pounds Sterling . Is this auction from one of our members in Poland ? .

BIP

Southoftheborder

Yes, you need an overstitching machine. If he had plenty of time he could have overstitched the panels by hand and then machine stitched the leather binding. That's a skilled job in itself.