• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Discuss # 2

Roughwear

This is a very rare Wartime survivor! Made in Chicago c. 1943-4, it is very similar to issued jackets, but lacks the rank tabs (they may have been neatly cut off, but it is hard to tell from the pictures.) Sovereign operated out of Chicago and had one contract for B-3s in 1943. My guess is that they also made a small number for the civilian market or had a contract over-run which they sold off.

John Lever

I wonder if the tear under the collar is a general sign of weakness ? Apparently from that it looks unworn.

Roughwear

Looking at the wear to the zip track I would say it has been lightly worn in the War and then stored. The tear under the collar may have recently been made when someone tried it on.

Last edited:

B-Man2

I agree , the tag gives it away as a civilian model. No rank tabs the same.

Last edited:

DiamondDave

It’s lovely whatever it is. Looks to be in good nick, from here anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smithy

I imagine there'll be a flurry of bids at the end as it's really nice. What does one of these civvie jobs go for, less than a USAAF labelled jacket?

B-Man2

16 hours left and still $199. with no bids.
Of course that means nothing until the final 5 seconds and all the snipe bids hit the board.