• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did wreck my brand new leather jacket?

Misfer

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this whole leather jackets thing. About 5 or 6 months ago I bought a great leather jacket. It's the lark leather jacket from All Saints. It cost me about $500. It's 100% goat leather. Unfortunately, I bought it at the end of the winter and didn't have a chance to wear it, so I decided to keep it in my closet until next season. I looked up online "how to properly store a leather jacket" and I found a video on Youtube of this lady saying that you need a garment bag, so I bought these. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077QY17MR/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These bags are made from polyester or plastic, but they're breathable. My jacket has been in one of those garment bags for 6 months. I don't know what it looks like now because I'm not home.

I'm really mad right now. It's my first leather jacket and I didn't even have a chance to wear it!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:

jeremiah

If you are asking if your jacket is ruined because you kept it in a semi breathable bag for 6 months the answer would be “no”. While not ideal to store leather in such a bag, more than likely your leather jacket was chrome tanned so it’s actually more stout and can handle a bit of neglect better than veg tanned leather.

Now, if you’d introduce yourself I think you’d get more of a welcome.

Tommy

Spam-logo.jpg

Carl

So, you stored your jacket for 6 months , is that correct ? If it was a vintage jacket i sort of could understand your worry , but as its a new jacket , i dont see the problem ? but please enlighten us .

Carl

Ken at Aero Leather

Reminds me of the coversation in a Glasgow pub after a hard fought Old Firm Match

Ned 1............Are You looking at my Burd?
Ned 2............Nuh!
Ned 1.............Why not?.......... do you think she's a Minger?

Everyone's a loser!

Last edited:

Edward

yes. yes you wrecked it by not wearing it. not wearing a leather jacket is abusing a leather jacket. love your jacket. wear your jacket even if it means turning on your air conditioner and wearing it while (whilst?) watching TV. the next best thing you can do to care for your jacket is to wad it up and toss it on the couch next to you. treat it like a baseball glove. put it where you can see it and admire it and feel bad that you can't wear it. don't pack it away. don't put it in a storage bag. you paid $500 to hide it away? hang it on the back of your chair, throw it on your bed, hug it, squeeze it and call it George!
yes, you wrecked your jacket but its not too late. take it out of its body bag and give it some kind of dignity you leather abusing perp! :p