Did anyone else notice this posting?

Discussion in 'eBay / Auction Talk' started by B-Man2, Aug 29, 2013.

1. B-Man2

B-Man2 Well-Known Member

Listed as an original A2 but the label only has 3 digits on the end similar to a Lost World label.
    The jacket looks like a vintage Lost Worlds Dubow A2.
    Bids are up to $1,300.00.US. ...... Did I miss something?..... or did the bidders?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/a-2-jacket-aaf- ... 4d114f063a

2. billyk

billyk New Member

Looks totally legit to me...

3. soshe

soshe New Member

Looks real to me ;)

4. ausreenactor

ausreenactor Well-Known Member

Looks 'unreal' (great) to me!! Kinda my size too?

5. Roughwear

Roughwear Well-Known Member

This nice size 42 Dubow is being sold by Victor, (Silver Surfer here).The label is original to the jacket-but some of the lettering has worn off, which is quite normal with Dubow labels. Lost Words copied a worn Dubow label and hence the missing "1" digit on their repro labels, which incidentally do not incorporate the size on the label as original Dubow labels do.

6. B-Man2

B-Man2 Well-Known Member

Thanks to all of you for your responses and for the education.
    I stand corrected.
    This is what I like about the forum the learning curve is immediate.

My sincerest apologies to Victor (Silver Surfer). I previously purchased a vintage jacket from him and have spoken with him on a few occasions. He is absolutely one of the most legitimate and knowledgeable people regarding A2's , as well as being a good guy.

In the future I will be a little more diligent in my research before posting any questions :oops:

7. TankBuster

TankBuster Active Member

It's a beautiful jacket. Wish it was one size bigger!

8. mindful

mindful Member

i brought my GW dubow from sliver and i highly recommend anyone to buy from him he sell some of the best jackets out there ;)

9. bseal

bseal Well-Known Member

Remember, Lost World's doesn't copy errors:

The LOST WORLDS "Collar Stand" A-2, like the original Dubow, is fully symmetrical. If something isn't perfect and balanced, we don't make it. Nor do we copy errors...

Ours is perfection. LOST WORLDS has a different perspective on reproduction than some other mfgs. We conceive our jacket to emulate that A-2 which Jacob Dubow had cut, then sewn by his best cutter and operator to serve as a perfect production sample for the rest of his many workers, rather than a Xerox of a flawed piece such as one stumbles on at a military show or the like.

10. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Well-Known Member

man, that is why lw changed their dubow nomenclature label. so their jacket wont be mistaken for an original. :lol:

11. Roughwear

Roughwear Well-Known Member

Very true Vic! :lol: :lol: