• Hey guys, I had to upgrade the VLJ software because the old one is being phased out. Please let me know of any issues in the SITE UPDATE THREAD. Thanks!

Did anyone else notice this posting?

Roughwear

This nice size 42 Dubow is being sold by Victor, (Silver Surfer here).The label is original to the jacket-but some of the lettering has worn off, which is quite normal with Dubow labels. Lost Words copied a worn Dubow label and hence the missing "1" digit on their repro labels, which incidentally do not incorporate the size on the label as original Dubow labels do.

B-Man2

Thanks to all of you for your responses and for the education.
I stand corrected.
This is what I like about the forum the learning curve is immediate.

My sincerest apologies to Victor (Silver Surfer). I previously purchased a vintage jacket from him and have spoken with him on a few occasions. He is absolutely one of the most legitimate and knowledgeable people regarding A2's , as well as being a good guy.

In the future I will be a little more diligent in my research before posting any questions :oops:

mindful

i brought my GW dubow from sliver and i highly recommend anyone to buy from him he sell some of the best jackets out there ;)

bseal

Remember, Lost World's doesn't copy errors:

The LOST WORLDS "Collar Stand" A-2, like the original Dubow, is fully symmetrical. If something isn't perfect and balanced, we don't make it. Nor do we copy errors...

Ours is perfection. LOST WORLDS has a different perspective on reproduction than some other mfgs. We conceive our jacket to emulate that A-2 which Jacob Dubow had cut, then sewn by his best cutter and operator to serve as a perfect production sample for the rest of his many workers, rather than a Xerox of a flawed piece such as one stumbles on at a military show or the like.