• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Diamond Dave - anyone in contact? / NASA jacket

MauldinFan

Luna makes an excellent jacket, but "Still the Right Stuff" made an excellent (in light blue and yellow) NASA jacket of this type.
Al Worden led this project as he wanted a wearable one that would fit him and nobody at the time was making anything like it. Sadly, they stopped making them a while back but I would assume you might be able to find one if you look.
They were not cheap but I've compared mine to two real ones and they did a great job.

MaydayWei

Luna makes an excellent jacket, but "Still the Right Stuff" made an excellent (in light blue and yellow) NASA jacket of this type.
Al Worden led this project as he wanted a wearable one that would fit him and nobody at the time was making anything like it. Sadly, they stopped making them a while back but I would assume you might be able to find one if you look.
They were not cheap but I've compared mine to two real ones and they did a great job.
Thanks! I've already tried contacting the guy who made the "Still the Right Stuff" jackets.
Apparently, he still has the materials but does not have someone to make the jackets for him.
Regardless, even the "still the right stuff" jackets use the incorrect zippers.
"Still the right stuff" uses "aged" brass bell-shaped scovills.
The real deal type 1 used a conmatic 'bullet' on the main and a conmar bell on the sleeve.
The real deal type 2 used a rectangular scovill gripper zipper as the main and a conmar bell on the sleeve.
But thanks for the suggestion! :)

MaydayWei

Borrowed from:

IMG_9570-horz.jpg