• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Diamond Cap Tapped for 'Red Tails' Film...

veli1

DiamondDave said:
Thanks again to all of you 'well wishers', both, foreign and domestic!!

Yes there are a total of 3 people/companies that I know are represented here and have gotten 'the nod' from the production company.

I was told, by the designer, to tell everyone...."... if you spot anything too glaringly wrong in the movie, please know that it was not for lack of trying!"

She reports that, while now 3mos into this project, that she has been sleeping very little and doesn't plan to for the full 6 mos that it will take altogether. Though a lot of the props would normally be done by the prop dept, for this film, she of course is taking on the production or procurement of a lot of this stuff too, as they play such a large part in the film.... i.e Oxy masks, parachutes, helmets, kit bags and goggles, just to name a few. Not to mention that they are making A-4 flight suits and a ton of the uniforms for the guys to wear. Should be a really cool film... I also understand that almost all of the better known repro companies will be represented in the usage of their products, for the background players. We 3 that you all know, will be doing primarily the "HERO" or main character stuff, as NONE of us has the production capacity to fulfill the films full need.

Thanks again to all,

DD

As a matter of fact filming of the movie Red Tails will have some sequences shot in Croatia (the project is very hush-hush..).They're looking for towns/villages that would represent Italy in 1944-45 because the Croatian Adriatic Coast is famous for its beautiful landscape and for its picturesque cities and places...I was just wondering if any of you guys planning on going to the movie shoot? If so could you send me PM,please? I would like to meet a few more people/forum members to go have a drink with or grab a cup of coffee...

DiamondDave

Veli1,

Unfortunately the movie does not need us (at least me) to be on set, and the trip would have to be paid for by me personally, as much as I would LOVE to come back to Europe and see some places that I have never seen!! Thanks for the question though and I hope that you will get to go onto the set while they are there, and maybe report to us here in the US that cannot be in attendance?

Cheers,

DD

veli1

DiamondDave said:
Veli1,

Unfortunately the movie does not need us (at least me) to be on set, and the trip would have to be paid for by me personally, as much as I would LOVE to come back to Europe and see some places that I have never seen!! Thanks for the question though and I hope that you will get to go onto the set while they are there, and maybe report to us here in the US that cannot be in attendance?

Cheers,

DD

Dave I'm sorry to hear that you can't/could not be present on a movie set, i would like to meet you guys in person very much. Nevertheless i will "disguise myself" as a WW2 pilot :D and I'll try to sneak into actor's tents...and shoot some photos if possible ;) . And I have world exclusive: Nicolas Cage and crew arrived in Croatia on saturday(February 7th) from Budapest, they were filming in Cape "Kamenjak" Nature Park which is the southernmost point of whole Istrian peninsula. Cage was involved in some scenes for his new project “Season of the Witch” and the witnesses say he was very aggressive to local people and he forbid camera and camera phones. Acctualy I don't like him very much,i never did...

get_slika_origial.jpg

get_slika_original.jpg

A

Anonymous

Well known fact in Southern Ca. that he is a first class jerk.

veli1

wing nut said:
Well known fact in Southern Ca. that he is a first class jerk.

Wing nut,sorry if I’ve been misunderstood but I don't like him as an actor.... I watched "Windtalkers" movie recently and i think he managed to ruin a movie he wasn’t even suposed to be involved in.

A

Anonymous

Are there any actors out there that appreciate thier public for liking their work and making them very rich in the process.I sometimes wonder what do they expect from us ,if we ignored them and did not pay to see their work they would be living the real life ,worrying about paying bills trying to keep their heads above water just like us?.

Full of there own self importance I say ,thinking there body everyself .I used to be conceited but now I am perfect attitude .

All the best Jeff

veli1

DUBOWA2 said:
I sometimes wonder what do they expect from us ,if we ignored them and did not pay to see their work they would be living the real life ,worrying about paying bills trying to keep their heads above water just like us?.

You said it right Jeff! My favourite actor of all time is Marlon Brando. During the academy awards (1972) Brando refused the award and instead sent a native american spokesperson to deliver a speech about the U.S. government’s past war crimes against the native american population.

A

Anonymous

get_slika_original.jpg
[/quote]
Cage to crew " I should of asked for 15 Million to do this stupid movie ,I am cold out
here ,does that idiot behind the camera know what he is doing .

All the best Jeff

Lignemaginot

Estate is back on the market for $15.9 million

Gray Craig for sale a year after reportedly being bought by Nicholas Cage

Newport This Week, October 22, 2008 by Tom Shelvin, Newport This Week Staff Writer

Middletown - Little more than a year after being purchased for a whopping $15.7 million, the Gray Craig Manor House in Middletown is back on the market.

The property was purchased in August 2007 by Hancock Park Real Estate Trust, a holding company for Academy Award-winning actor Nicolas Cage. It is being listed for $15.9 million by Lila Delman Real Estate.

Although quite taken by the house, "Mr. Cage's business schedule has not allowed him the time he would really like to spend in Middletown and Newport," said Melanie Delman, listing broker and president of Lila Delman Real Estate.

Located just off Paradise Road bordering the Norman Bird Sanctuary, the 24,000-square-foot manor house sits on 26 secluded acres, has 12 bedrooms, 10 full baths and sweeping views of the Atlantic Ocean. At the time of its sale last summer, it had ranked second among the state's most expensive residential purchases, eclipsed only by the $17.15 million sale of Miramar on Bellevue Avenue in December of 2006.

Mr. Cage, who has appeared in such Hollywood movies as "Leaving Las Vegas" and "National Treasure," has a prolific real estate portfolio, including properties in Germany, London, New Orleans, California, and an island in the Bahamas. His purchase of Gray Craig last summer set the area's rumor mill ablaze.

Real estate taxes on the property are estimated $144,932 per year. An adjacent property, the original 4,200-square-foot Gray Craig gatehouse, is also on the market for $6.95 million.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Lignemaginot said:
Middletown - Little more than a year after being purchased for a whopping $15.7 million, the Gray Craig Manor House in Middletown is back on the market.

Nice ...

2089889888_c0b10e96e2.jpg

rob75IT

Hi to all of you guys
I'm happy to announce also my part in the Red Tails project by supplying some of my patches.
I'm really looking forward to see Dave, JC, CBI and mine on the set.

I have to say thank you to Dave for mentioning my name to the production.
Roberto

A

Anonymous

Hi Roberto congratulations on the film asignment the Red Tails ,I can say you well deserve to be involved with this as we all know your work ability and dedication to the craft .That also goes for Diamond Dave and John Chapman you work speaks for itself and so do your customer rave about your products .Long Live the VLJ quartermaster supply company .

All the best Jeff

CBI

Congrats Roberto. Looking forward to seeing your insignia and mine on the same screen. Should be a blast to see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations on the gig!

TankBuster

I was wondering why they hadn't contacted you Roberto. Glad to hear
they did. You're 15th patches are amazing!! Congrats to you and the
others mentioned!!

veli1

Hello gents,

Well, everyone is talking about the movie "red tails" these days...but seriously , does anyone know anything about the hides (seal or russet,HH or goat?) and contracts JC's using for the film? How many dubow's, doniger's, bronco's etc. were acctually made by GW for the movie? And what will happen with the jackets after the movie is done...? I suppose JC will buy of some of his stuff (or not) for the GW museum ...

DiamondDave

Veli,

As far as I know we will none of us see these items again. Lucas is VERY good at marketing and generally keeps most of the original props from his films for a traveling exhibition that he always runs. Much of the Indy and Star Wars stuff is on permanent tour. I asked for some of mine back and was told it was unlikely. As to the jackets that John has made, I can say that i know he has made several of his patterns, as well as some "fantasy" jackets that the wardrobe mistress had requested. Any further info would have to come from him.

Cheers,

DD

veli1

DiamondDave said:
Veli,

As far as I know we will none of us see these items again.

That's too bad ...i think that you must have the "first pick" on the stuff after the movie and not some wardrobe misstress or a second-rate actor....but, if any of the jackets leave Lucas's hands and end up on ebay this movie memorabilia jacket will sky rocket,that's for sure !

thanks on the info Dave.

A

Anonymous

I would assume that the film company is paying for the jackets so why would they give them back .Afterall its their property ,The best you could probably do is ask John were any of the jackets made for the film in my size and ask him to make you one while it is fresh in his mind and get him mark it Retails replica and sign it .

All the best Jeff

CBI

John Chapman is of course a forum member and moderator, just ask him directly...................?