• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Depression and acquiring new jackets

Roughwear

Baron Kurtz said:
Well, the price of Irvins has certainly come down in the last few weeks. 3 in succession that i was watching went for £150 or less. Sure, they're small, but they were going for much more earlier in the year. I feel the current worrying climate has more than a little to do with people's reluctance to part with the shillings for "another bloody stinking old leather jacket" as the Baroness puts it.

bk

You are right about Irvins. The ones you mention were medium or small sizes. Large ones in very good condition still fetch good prices, but probably a little less than this time last year.

Chris217

"Damn it feels good ta be a Banksta!"
BarksScrooge.jpg

donsom

1. Attach a value to something that doesn't exist or to a commodity that is essential for daily life.
2. Get 1000's of people to invest their "actual physical cash into it".
3. Base profits and income on future "might-be's" and speculation.
4. Make sure that knocking out one pillar can take down the whole thing.
5. Leave massive loopholes for fatcats and syndicates to exploit it.
6. Allow it blow up so badly in about 5 -8 year periods even though people see it coming.
7. Put in a "band-aid" fix so this scenario will "NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN!"... then

DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN!!
- the Stock Market ....

Then ... if you can stop laughing ... get taxpayers to front the bill for it ... more laughing ... get the federal government to manage reclaiming the debt.

700 billion dollars ... I can't even fathom that amount of cash ...and perhaps, that's part of the overall plan.

usafwso

In the U.S.: A depression is four consecutive quarters of negative growth.

In the meantime, I'm watching for the DOW to bottom out at 6500.

usafwso

It is a 700 billion dollar bailout but don't forget on top of that figure, add 150 billion in more give aways that amount to 850 billion for this portion. Now, states like California are wanting to get bailed from the feds!!!!!

Where will it end....