• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Denison Smocks

Smithy

Tim, did you end up getting one & if so, which one ?

No I never did Dave.

As it was going to be for wearing rather than display or reenacting, and living here in northern Norway I ended up getting that Wehrmacht Sumpftarn '44 pattern parka from ATF which as I've blathered on here muchly, has turned out to be one of my most useful jackets in these climes.

I still would like one but do wonder how much use I'd get out of it. Although every time I watch "A Bridge Too Far" my hankering comes back.

I'm sworn off more jackets now though until I get my GW ;-)

Pilot

My uncle and his para jump smock in Indochina in 1950.
The french made “Veste de Saut 47/51” ( jump smock) looks quite inspired from the Denison smocks and the WW2 US para jackets .The 47/51 model was only produced during a short while and later in 1953 replaced by camo ( lizard-pattern ) versions.
9356D37F-8FE1-4515-8F79-C2D693BFEDEB.jpeg
B560C6E0-657C-425B-92C8-4DB54B8EE911.jpeg
A195D06D-6E4C-4FD8-8F23-EF3DA39EFC1B.jpeg

Pilot

Thx to all, really appreciate… Very honored..
Originals prior the Algeria war ( so with a “ beaver tail” ) are at the same price level as GW A-2’s are…IDF had similar ones in the 60 ies… but not the 100% same… but they flood the collectors world… as originals Indochina french…( UK web is full of them).
Hence a lot of repros arround…
Send me pics and details of your project… just to make sure its an authentic one ( if you’r after one..).

Last edited:

Officer Dibley

Send me pics and details of your project…

I would have Brice, were i not blocked/ignored by you ...... :rolleyes:
still, i guess that can work both ways.

Really can’t be bothered any more. This all seems so trivial against the worldwide con going on. If there’s an Admin still on here, please cancel this account.

Burt, you know how to contact me.

Last edited:

Pilot

I would have Brice, were i not blocked/ignored by you ...... :rolleyes:
still, i guess that can work both ways.

Really can’t be bothered any more. This all seems so trivial against the worldwide con going on. If there’s an Admin still on here, please cancel this account.

Burt, you know how to contact me.
Hi Dave
sorry blocked by me?
Never blocked anyone.
You have my Email…
PM sent.
Cheers
Brice

Ink8455

If anyone is interested, I'm not a business but started a project, as I couldn't find a Denison smock that I would fit me at a price I could afford. So, I set about during lockdown to see if I could work out the patterns of a 1959 Pattern, 3rd and 4th variant Denison smocks. On completion, I found someone to print small runs and then people to create a smock. Still waiting for one to be made (he has a very long waiting list) but here's the first. Initial colours were not perfect. I've washed it, left in the sun and finally added a slight bit of dye. These are images of it. First image is the new smock. Second images is a side by side comparison, original v mine. Last image is my tinkered (dye) smock. What do you guys think? The Eagled Eyed amongst you, might spot additional shapes I added of the Falkland Islands, Normandy and Arnhem. Just my nod of respect and to assist in identifying this as a reproduction.

Attachments

• IMG_E3280.JPG
    IMG_E3280.JPG
    997.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3487.JPG
    IMG_3487.JPG
    7.1 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4353.JPG
    IMG_4353.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 37

Adama36

My uncle and his para jump smock in Indochina in 1950.
The french made “Veste de Saut 47/51” ( jump smock) looks quite inspired from the Denison smocks and the WW2 US para jackets .The 47/51 model was only produced during a short while and later in 1953 replaced by camo ( lizard-pattern ) versions.
View attachment 64492View attachment 64493View attachment 64496
I know it's an old post but I thought I would post a picture of the jacket my grand father's wore in Indochina in 1954

1706283911717.png
1706283946560.png
1706284135510.jpeg

Dany McDonald

I know it's an old post but I thought I would post a picture of the jacket my grand father's wore in Indochina in 1954
Amazing that you have this piece of your grand dad history and a picture while in service over there. It looks in very condition too.

D

Erwin

Fantastic Adama36, congrats! Is it the same jacket as in your historical/family picture? Or do you own another jacket used by your grandfather? Fantastic item!

Adama36

Fantastic Adama36, congrats! Is it the same jacket as in your historical/family picture? Or do you own another jacket used by your grandfather? Fantastic item!
That's a picture of my grand dad over there and that's one of the jacket he was issued and brought back in 1954 - They might not be the same though

got also one of his 47/51 model and the corresponding trousers

Erwin

That's a picture of my grand dad over there and that's one of the jacket he was issued and brought back in 1954 - They might not be the same though

got also one of his 47/51 model and the corresponding trousers
Super cool, asked as camo [in historical/family picture] doesn't match this jacket - just assumed that it is one of his issued jackets. Outstanding piece!