Denison Smocks

Smithy

Tim, did you end up getting one & if so, which one ?
No I never did Dave.

As it was going to be for wearing rather than display or reenacting, and living here in northern Norway I ended up getting that Wehrmacht Sumpftarn '44 pattern parka from ATF which as I've blathered on here muchly, has turned out to be one of my most useful jackets in these climes.

I still would like one but do wonder how much use I'd get out of it. Although every time I watch "A Bridge Too Far" my hankering comes back.

I'm sworn off more jackets now though until I get my GW ;-)

Pilot

My uncle and his para jump smock in Indochina in 1950.
The french made “Veste de Saut 47/51” ( jump smock) looks quite inspired from the Denison smocks and the WW2 US para jackets .The 47/51 model was only produced during a short while and later in 1953 replaced by camo ( lizard-pattern ) versions.
9356D37F-8FE1-4515-8F79-C2D693BFEDEB.jpeg
B560C6E0-657C-425B-92C8-4DB54B8EE911.jpeg
A195D06D-6E4C-4FD8-8F23-EF3DA39EFC1B.jpeg

Pilot

Thx to all, really appreciate… Very honored..
Originals prior the Algeria war ( so with a “ beaver tail” ) are at the same price level as GW A-2’s are…IDF had similar ones in the 60 ies… but not the 100% same… but they flood the collectors world… as originals Indochina french…( UK web is full of them).
Hence a lot of repros arround…
Send me pics and details of your project… just to make sure its an authentic one ( if you’r after one..).

Last edited:

Officer Dibley

Send me pics and details of your project…
I would have Brice, were i not blocked/ignored by you ...... :rolleyes:
still, i guess that can work both ways.

Really can’t be bothered any more. This all seems so trivial against the worldwide con going on. If there’s an Admin still on here, please cancel this account.

Burt, you know how to contact me.

Last edited:

Pilot

I would have Brice, were i not blocked/ignored by you ...... :rolleyes:
still, i guess that can work both ways.

Really can’t be bothered any more. This all seems so trivial against the worldwide con going on. If there’s an Admin still on here, please cancel this account.

Burt, you know how to contact me.
Hi Dave
sorry blocked by me?
Never blocked anyone.
You have my Email…
PM sent.
Cheers
Brice