• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Deep strong leather cleaner

stanier

Some years ago I got a leather biker bill fold wallet from Kc’s leathercraft in Japan. It’s built like a tank and structurally as good as new, but I’d like to give it a very thorough clean.

It’s original color was natural leather, which it largely still is inside and under the concho coin flap. However it’s outer surfaces have darkened considerably from use and there’s a strong indigo hue from my LVC and other repro vintage denim.

I’ve tried saddle soap which made no impression, so can anyone please suggest a good strong deep cleaner that will clean the leather and heavy cotton thread without causing any damage?

Cheers all, Chris

MikeyB-17

I’ve fancied one of those for years. I thought developing its own character was the whole idea of natural, undyed leather? All the leather goods company ads I’ve seen make a big deal out of the before/after views of natural leather products.

stanier

I’ve fancied one of those for years. I thought developing its own character was the whole idea of natural, undyed leather? All the leather goods company ads I’ve seen make a big deal out of the before/after views of natural leather products.

That maybe so, but mine is now various shades of bluey brown to black and I’d like to reset it if possible!

jeremiah

have you tried a diluted white distilled vinegar? Its acidic so try on a small spot where you won't notice and go easy.