• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Deck Jacket BOB DONG

Leviathan

Finally I find the time to write a short review about the Bob Dong Jacket.

The PROS:
First of all I am quite surprised. The quality of the garment, the way it is manufactured, the little details like seams, buttonholes, zipper, treatment, etc. are all very well done. I agree with Thomas that there seems to be very little difference in quality or craftmanship between the "Top Notch" Designers & Bob Dong. The only direct comparison I have is a BR N1 Deck Jacket which was around 700USD and I'd say there is little to no difference.

The CONS:
There is only seam which is not nicely sewn. In fact it looks they did it twice since they ran out of thread. Unfortunately that's on the front side of the zipper cover, so quite a prominent place. :-/
Largest CON is the sizing. Even though I measured 5 of my jackets and had a lengthy chat with the storeowner (nice guy - 5 Star Service) it runs to small. So I will sell my #42 and go for a #44. Will post pictures & accurate sizing later.

All in all I can definitely recommend this one. Not sure if that goes for the whole range of Bob Dong's clothing, but the N1-Deck Jacket with Zippers is definitely a recommended BUY.

Leviathan

So I am going to sell this beauty - going for the same one in 44. Unfortunately we have around 20 degrees nowadays, so wearing it will have to wait for end of the year :-///. Will ship almost anywhere, just asking the original price (200 USD) plus actual shipping costs. Condition is superb, fresh out of the box & just worn once (couldn't resist...). Size is 42. For comparison -> I am 186 tall and roughly 100kg.

B-Man2

So I am going to sell this beauty - going for the same one in 44. Unfortunately we have around 20 degrees nowadays, so wearing it will have to wait for end of the year :-///. Will ship almost anywhere, just asking the original price (200 USD) plus actual shipping costs. Condition is superb, fresh out of the box & just worn once (couldn't resist...). Size is 42. For comparison -> I am 186 tall and roughly 100kg.
Hi Leviathon
What color did you order in this jacket, the dark grey or the navy blue?

Thomas Koehle

Burt if you are on to orde one do not take the navy blue one - that colour is totally out of any realism

The dark grey nailes it

B-Man2

Thanks Thomas
Can someone confirm the measurements of a size 44 in one of these BD hook type deck jackets ?
Thanks

Last edited:

Leviathan

I agree with Thomas! Dark grey comes out more like a very dark blue, almost black tone. The navy blue is too bright imho. For the #44 will know in a couple of weeks...

Willy McCoy

Just received a blue 44 "painted back" jacket from an Ebay seller in China. It arrived in a few days via DHL. The blue tone is not bright at'all and the 44 fits me well. 6'2" and 190lbs and shirt sleeve length is 35. Must have adjusted the color formula. A revision difference, there isn't an oblong single washer that is a base for the riveted hook but rather a single washer for each rivet. The waist knit sits well for a 35" waist. If I was issued this jacket I wouldn't give it back.

B-Man2

Just received a blue 44 "painted back" jacket from an Ebay seller in China. It arrived in a few days via DHL. The blue tone is not bright at'all and the 44 fits me well. 6'2" and 190lbs and shirt sleeve length is 35. Must have adjusted the color formula. A revision difference, there isn't an oblong single washer that is a base for the riveted hook but rather a single washer for each rivet. The waist knit sits well for a 35" waist. If I was issued this jacket I wouldn't give it back.
Any chance of posting some fit pictures?
Also would you please post the measurement of your 44?
Thanks very much.

Willy McCoy

Attachments

• 20191105_122806.jpg
    20191105_122806.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 421

Willy McCoy

At the dog park Naval Air Station Seattle (Sandpoint NAS). Shoulder to shoulder 21.5 and sleeve from shoulder to cuff is 25". The wool lining is very thick so it fits like a 20" shoulder would. Plenty of room in the chest.

Willy McCoy

If anyone needs more specific measurements for a 44 or 42 I can do both. The watch? 1930's Movado Acvatic 30.5mm. The boots? 1967 "Jet Fuel Proof" military prison made. Samurai 21oz. S510xx Jeans. The shirt is a Filson Shooters from the 60s-70s.

Heyjude7

Painted over a Bob Dong Deck jacket. It’s a bit large on me but wasn’t able to sell it as is soooo I painted it! Being in the US Navy it looked weird walking around with US Navy across the back of the jacket outside of work and most people didn’t want to buy it like that. Used some good fabric paints
Whatcha gents think?

Attachments

• BD9BC1CD-BFA9-4724-97A4-3EF422A376CE.jpeg
    BD9BC1CD-BFA9-4724-97A4-3EF422A376CE.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 399
  • 9482A24F-CBE8-4B13-8815-F72A2D14C498.jpeg
    9482A24F-CBE8-4B13-8815-F72A2D14C498.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 335