• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Deadstock McCoy's Perry Sportswear B3

Bombing IP

What type of sewing machine makes this type of jacket .Is it like a fur sewing machine Ken or John ,thanks.

Nice jacket John BTW

BIP

Ken at Aero Leather

What type of sewing machine makes this type of jacket .Is it like a fur sewing machine Ken or John ,thanks.

Nice jacket John BTW

BIP

Takes three machines, that why we have such a long waiting list for these, the space needed for one Shearling machinist could be filled by three regular machines

Ken at Aero Leather

Yes very happy thanks, works a treat just a little raspy. I think this is quite an old jacket, the tape is wavy but it has no issues.

This zipper and a whole batch of Crown zippers being used at this moment have been badly dyed, either at the wrong temperature or dried badly so the tape has shrunk.

We bought two palets of vintage deastock zippers about 25 years ago, mostly beige and white ...........it took a few tests to work out how to dye them without shrinking the tape
We never found a way to dye the Crown zippers without shrinkage, no problems with Talon and this is the first Conmar I've seen with this issue

John Lever

20210104_123615.jpg
20210104_123539.jpg
20210104_123542.jpg
20210104_123555.jpg

blackrat2

Looks a good for John
Hope your happy with it sir
Being in Tier 4 I guess I won’t see you mooching about town anytime soon

John Lever

No..true! It burst open and will not function now at all.
NOS Talon already on its way from MASH to be fitted by the incomparable Greg.
When it is all sorted I will decide what to do with it, but I think my Yahoo days are over at least for 2021.

Ken at Aero Leather

The kinks don't help it, never mind the appearance
Sounds like you might just need a Conmar slider however. General Rule when these burst open it's 80% certain the slider is at fault, 19% user fault, 1% the teeth evben kinked one like this
We could send you a repro Conmar slider, works 100% on vintage Conmar tape

I've said it before, I'll say it again, there's not a fag paper between Greg & Tony, apparently there hasn't been since the day they both turned up at Heriot Watt......I had that from Bertie who was ahead of them at HW and trained them both at Aero

Last edited:

Ken at Aero Leather

Ken,
Would pinching the slider work ?
Possibly but if it's cast it might just crack...............nothing to lose by trying.............do you think the slider is 1940s?
All the Conmar were have are later (60s) that's why we use repro 40s sliders made to fit them, tape/teeth/box hadn't changed from the 40s but the slider design did

John Lever

There are a couple if small storage marks on the acrylic. Not worried about them I think I can colour them out easily.
There was a slight dust mark on the collar suggesting it is quite an old piece, I guess pre McCoys split. 1990's?