• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

De brabander reverse upper service boots

Blackboxr1200S

Following this one.
I'm planning on getting a pair of those for this winter.
QMI or Peter De Brabander is normally attending the Ciney Militaria fair here in Belgium, Oct 30th.
If he's got the boots on site, I'll sure be checking them out.

Last edited:

Smithy

Just another option...

I have the Sturm Mil-Tec version from Soldier of Fortune and they are superb. I also have their Service Shoes as well and can't praise either pair highly enough.

Blackboxr1200S

If u could call him and ask sizing tips I would be much appreciated!!
sizing compared to red wings !
He's got a warehouse, sometimes it's open for visits on Saturday. 40min drive from where I live ( Belgium's got the size of a donut)
If possible I'll go have a look myself and ask for more info on the boots.
keep you posted!

Blackboxr1200S

Any update mate?
As a matter a fact, yes I have.
Visited the warehouse this morning, massive stock, reenactment heaven!
If you are into that, he's got everything you need!

And I gave the reverse upper ankle boots a try.
Sizing... I normally buying between size 45 and 46 EU for a regular shoe, but the 44 was a fit for me this time, so they do size quite large.
The boot was also too wide at the front for my liking, Other than that, the shoe is very well built, nice color.
So in the end went home without, knowing the wide foot would bother me when wearing them.

The search continues.

Captureq.JPG

Sabo

i had the same problem with the mil tec despite being 41 instead of 42 that the
my number. I solved with a gel insole on the inside

B-Man2

Sizing... I normally buying between size 45 and 46 EU for a regular shoe, but the 44 was a fit for me this time, so they do size quite large.
The boot was also too wide at the front for my liking, Other than that, the shoe is very well built, nice color.
So in the end went home without, knowing the wide foot would bother me when wearing them.

The search continues.

View attachment 84627
Try USMC boondockers boots. They look nearly the same as US Army Rough-out boots but in fact they are a little more narrow. They are on the newer ones on the right in this photo.
F3B4B4AB-28CF-48E5-A297-B6C11DB0D4BB.jpeg

Blackboxr1200S

Try USMC boondockers boots. They look nearly the same as US Army Rough-out boots but in fact they are a little more narrow. They are on the newer ones on the right in this photo.

Thanks for the tip, they are indeed slightly different in construction.
Now just need to find some in EU :)

Cocker

I have a pair of QMI roughouts on my feet right now. That's almost all I've been wearing since a couple months now.

The leather is very soft compared to, let's say, MIL-Tec ones, and the sizing is indeed a bit on the large side. Appart from that, they are really comfortable and a great buy for the price, IMO.

1665848673202.png

Blackboxr1200S

I have a pair of QMI roughouts on my feet right now. That's almost all I've been wearing since a couple months now.

The leather is very soft compared to, let's say, MIL-Tec ones, and the sizing is indeed a bit on the large side. Apart from that, they are really comfortable and a great buy for the price, IMO.
Value for money, there's no questioning, this is a nice shoe!

xontros85

The search continues.

View attachment 84627
Great news !
Have you checked the high neck 5 buttons sweater? If so, do u think that r suitable for every day wear/streetwear or just for re-enacting?
Cheers

Blackboxr1200S

Great news !
Have you checked the high neck 5 buttons sweater? If so, do u think that r suitable for every day wear/streetwear or just for re-enacting?
Cheers
Nope sorry, just went in for the boots.
Had a look around, but other than boots to wear myself, I only collect and buy original WWII stuff.
But as far as I know, his reenactment uniforms and gear is pretty good.
Provided costumes and items for movies like The Monuments men, Fury, Hart's war, and the upcoming Masters of the air

mulceber

Why not buy an original 5-button high-neck sweater (AKA jeep sweater)? The Army has never stopped using that basic design, and so you can get the real deal on eBay for peanuts.

Last edited: