• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DD/GW Bronco Goatskin - 3 Years and 5 Months in the box.

Should I crack the box and reveal the DD/GW Bronco A-2?

• Yes, it has been far too long.

Votes: 20 87.0%
  • No, leave it alone and let it appreciate.

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ausreenactor

It ain’t an original - manufacturer is still in business and producing more of the same kind of jackets - i’d open it

and btw i’m also a bit with “seres”: are you sure the jacket is still in the pristine condition like when packed? Was the box stored in a dry place all the time? Any other damages maybe from longtime storage?

I think I understand that feeling leaving something untouched just with knowing i own it but do not need to use it right now but anyway it is still a repop - yeah not a cheapo but from a manufacturer with respectable reputation but still no original ...
And the manufacturer is no longer in business...

Time to move it on...

Smithy

It'll be permanently wrinkled to shit now ;)

Just joking, well half way anyway - at the museum we'd never store a jacket and especially leather folded if it wasn't on display. It would have acid free paper stuffed in the arms and then laid flat in a large enough box (acid free again) and with acid free paper bunched into it so the body didn't lie completely flat, hence avoiding folds and creases developing from the weight of the leather itself lying on itself for a long period.

Sorry Couchy but I'd pay less for a jacket which had been folded in its original packaging/shipping box for years than one which was correctly stored if it had to be in a box at all.

MaydayWei

Just joking, well half way anyway - at the museum we'd never store a jacket and especially leather folded if it wasn't on display. It would have acid free paper stuffed in the arms and then laid flat in a large enough box (acid free again) and with acid free paper bunched into it so the body didn't lie completely flat, hence avoiding folds and creases developing from the weight of the leather itself lying on itself for a long period.

Sorry Couchy but I'd pay less for a jacket which had been folded in its original packaging/shipping box for years than one which was correctly stored if it had to be in a box at all.
It's not like the NOS WW2 A-2s that Jorge pulls out of his time machine have been stuffed and babied with acid-free papers and boxes; yet, his NOS A-2s are just that, stunningly NOS and in perfect conditions regardless of folds.

Would love to see it, Capitane. @ausreenactor

ausreenactor

The hide is that soft there wasn't a wrinkle after the five years in the bag..