• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

David Brown.........deeb7.....RIP

ausreenactor

Re: David Brown...deeb7......RIP

Not sure how this news about the rest of you clowns would hit me, but I am a mess?

It is going to be impossible to fill a void like this on the forum. I know we pitched in for a
jacket for the B-24 museum in Werribee, is anybody in a position to chip in for a befitting
tribute to David. I am asking a question I already know the answer too. And this is what
is probably adding to the emotion of it all.

Bevan...if you could post a Paypal address are we able to pitch in for a wreath or flowers
as a tribute? If you find out some details could you PM them, or if you are aware of any
charities etc.

I have not felt this level of melancholy in a while.

Vale a font of knowledge, a relevant and concise critic and an example for those of us that
think WE are gentlemen ourselves.

Couchy...

(David...if you are logged in as a guest, you were a great bloke, for a Kiwi!) Kia māhaki.

rich

We were lucky to have him, weren't we? So calm, measured and just. The consummate gentleman,
his benevolence here was unmatched. What a terrible loss. Bless you David.

Vcruiser

John Lever said:
I would like him to be remembered here permanently, as always somehow being Online

I have been thinking the same thing,John. We certainly need his pic and perhaps one of his posts on permanent display as well. Like Geoff stated..'He was the backbone of the VLJ'.
Perhaps a moderator can pick a good photo of him...and one of his posts to memorialize for everyone to see as a valued member of this forum.
Van

havocpaul

So brilliantly said, Couchy. He'll never be far away because of all the thoughts and memories he's left us.

Vcruiser

havocpaul said:
So brilliantly said, Couchy. He'll never be far away because of all the thoughts and memories he's left us.

Great post too,HP!
You hit the nail on the head with this one. Couldn't have been better said.
Van

MikeyB-17

Flippin' Heck. Just logged on and got the news, and what a shock. It's quite true the place won't be the same without him, his knowledge was uncanny, I recall him telling me who had bought a jacket from me years previously, about three forums back-I'd completely forgotten. And he was always first with the birthday wishes. David my son, all the best to you, wherever you are. You will be missed. Condolences to family. I'm in on the flowers/card. Love the missing man, Paul-couldn't be more appropriate.

omarco

What terribly sad news to discover this morning, David really was the backbone of this place and even as a newbie i will certainly miss his presence, knowledge, level-headedness and wit on the forum. I think David was my favourite member.

Rest in Peace mate.

ausreenactor

Gents..

I wasn't tracking the post here. Found the Life Beyond the Internet post and did not get much past there. After a day that had me in the heat for 5 hours and being violently ill afterwords, I was shocked. I put my immediate thoughts down and I parallel the sentiments of all here.

"Not sure how this news about the rest of you clowns would hit me, but I am a mess?

It is going to be impossible to fill a void like this on the forum. I know we pitched in for a
jacket for the B-24 museum in Werribee, is anybody in a position to chip in for a befitting
tribute to David. I am asking a question I already know the answer too. And this is what
is probably adding to the emotion of it all.

Bevan...if you could post a Paypal address are we able to pitch in for a wreath or flowers
as a tribute? If you find out some details could you PM them, or if you are aware of any
charities etc.

I have not felt this level of melancholy in a while.

Vale a font of knowledge, a relevant and concise critic and an example for those of us that
think WE are gentlemen ourselves.

Couchy...

(David...if you are logged in as a guest, you were a great bloke, for a Kiwi!) Kia māhaki."

Falcon_52

Indeed he will be missed. He was a great source of knowledge and humor :) on the forum. Rest in peace, David.

Noel