• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dale Mabry Field, WW2, collection items

MauldinFan

The field was west of downtown Tallahassee, Florida. It was abandoned in the 60s when they built a new airport southwest of there. When I was a kid growing up nearby, you could still easily see the runways.
It was the HQ of 3rd Air Force fighter training.
I've been collecting items from there since I was in my 20s.
DaleMabryField025-1.jpg
DaleMabryField022.jpg
DaleMabryField021.jpg
DaleMabryField018.jpg
DaleMabryField017.jpg
DaleMabryField015.jpg
DaleMabryField010.jpg
DaleMabryField008.jpg
DaleMabryField004.jpg
DaleMabryField001.jpg

ausreenactor

The field was west of downtown Tallahassee, Florida. It was abandoned in the 60s when they built a new airport southwest of there. When I was a kid growing up nearby, you could still easily see the runways.
It was the HQ of 3rd Air Force fighter training.
I've been collecting items from there since I was in my 20s.
View attachment 68845View attachment 68846View attachment 68847View attachment 68848View attachment 68849View attachment 68850View attachment 68851View attachment 68852View attachment 68853View attachment 68854
Amazing items Sir!

MauldinFan

Amazing items Sir!
Thanks. For a while, I trolled eBay and found a lot of stuff. But a small (but highly dedicated) number of people have since come around to bid on what little shows up there these days. And while the items have dried up not to a small degree, the bidders go quite far with their bidding. It's been a while since I got anything from Mabry AAF for the collection.
There's a museum being planned by some people living in Tallahassee, and I suspect what few Mabry items that show up are going to them. Maybe someday the museum will be built, but I live many states away from Tallahassee so helping out isn't an option.
I've been thinking what would happen to my stuff once I'm gone (I turn 52 at the end of this month) and I'd rather they go to the state museum of Florida, as I've seen far too many horror stories about items donated to non-government museums (and even a few government ones, too).

ausreenactor

Thanks. For a while, I trolled eBay and found a lot of stuff. But a small (but highly dedicated) number of people have since come around to bid on what little shows up there these days. And while the items have dried up not to a small degree, the bidders go quite far with their bidding. It's been a while since I got anything from Mabry AAF for the collection.
There's a museum being planned by some people living in Tallahassee, and I suspect what few Mabry items that show up are going to them. Maybe someday the museum will be built, but I live many states away from Tallahassee so helping out isn't an option.
I've been thinking what would happen to my stuff once I'm gone (I turn 52 at the end of this month) and I'd rather they go to the state museum of Florida, as I've seen far too many horror stories about items donated to non-government museums (and even a few government ones, too).
Have said many times that my greatest fear in life is Tianna selling off the collection at the prices I told her I paid for them.