• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

D-2 parka ~screaming to be repro’d

Officer Dibley

If ever a jacket needed a quality reproduction, it’s this one.

7231A417-C84E-4679-A184-814D27D7DCB3.jpeg

Carl

I spotted that too ! would be interesting to see if it sells or not at that price ?? shame the liner is missing on that particular example :(

Silver Surfer

had one back in the day, liner and all. they were easy army navy store finds. also, they were a real pita getting out of because of the pull over set up. mine languished in a closet till gave to good will. yup, just gave it away......i mean, what the hell did i know.

B-Man2

This is a jacket I’ve never seen before. I tried to google it but not much came up on it . What service wore it and would one of you guys mind posting something about its history for an uninformed guy like myself.....
Thanks

Carl

This is a jacket I’ve never seen before. I tried to google it but not much came up on it . What service wore it and would one of you guys mind posting something about its history for an uninformed guy like myself.....
Thanks
As far as im aware , these were developed to take over from the D1/ B1 set up for USAAF ground crew
Carl

B-Man2

Wow that looks a little different than the first photo , it’s got fur around the hood and some thickness to the Parka . I can see why it would make a great repro. Thanks for posting that.

Carl

Wow that looks a little different than the first photo , it’s got fur around the hood and some thickness to the Parka . I can see why it would make a great repro. Thanks for posting that.
It has a removable liner Burt .
Im sure i posted some detailed pics on here of this one :confused:

B-Man2

Carl
Found it!
Can’t figure out how to link you up , however the thread is HELP IDENTIFY MYSTERIOUS JACKET. By Battlenexuschamp or something like that .

Carl

Not that thread Burt im afraid :( that was for the civillian made B11/B9 lookalike parka :(

Just came across this thread! Funnily enough I bought that outer... It's taken me a while, but she's now fixed up. The major holes have been repaired, and I found the correct sized liner in Japan (without spending an arm & a leg), I have another period correct button on order, and I added the leather tag myself. Pretty happy with the result

PSX_20200219_120315.jpg

PSX_20200219_120130.jpg

PSX_20200219_120536.jpg

PSX_20200219_120500.jpg
PSX_20200219_120416.jpg