• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

D-1

stanier

I was considering getting a B-3 for the winter, but having seen the pics of Donsom's lovely Eastman / Rough Wear Redskin I just can't imagine it getting cold enough for me to wear it to often in the UK.

This led me to look at the B-6, and then I found the D-1 which overall think I prefer, but couldn't find much info, apologies if someone comes up with loads! But anyone got one of these? I was thinking Eastman, but anyone suggest another maker?

Also, how do they fit? just to explain, I'm normally more of a nylon jacket person and love my BR B-15c and I like the short fitting they tend to have on my short body! How do D-1's typically fit?

Any replies gratefully received

John Lever

The D-1 is basically just a sheepskin box with a zip and two arms. The b-6 is more complex with greater scope for personal adjustments. Both have short pile fleece so are better than a B-3 for our climate.
You can't really miss with Eastman or Aero. Both sell a good product and have good customer support.