• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cwu sizing question

PilatusPilot

Ended up ordering a large valley apparel 36/p. Should be here in 1-2 weeks. When I get it, I'll post some pictures. Don't think I'll need to do a review because I'm sure theres plenty of you guys one there that already did one, but I will give the exact measurements I have on mine so people in the future could try to reference theirs to me and my size.

ButteMT61

I'll get my numbers this morning. Sorry, they were upstairs in garment bags and I had to find them...

ButteMT61

OK, I've got two of them.
One was an NOS Spiewak XXL.
Pits: 28"
Arms: 28.5"
Front zip: 21"

The other is labeled as 46-48. I have to get my glasses as I can't read the maker, but almost the same numbers.
Pits: 27.5"
Arms: 28.5"
Front zip: 21"

HTH - they're short. And the numbers are way different than any leather jackets I own.

PilatusPilot

Sooo I finally got my valley apparel CWU 36/p L jacket. I'm on the fence about the sizing, on one hand, it fits me really well, the sleeves seem to be pretty good, the shoulders are the perfect size, the width/bagginess is perfect too, BUT the torso is definitely just a little too short. I mean it's fine when I walk or move around, but the second I pull my arms a tad hight, it starts to show that the jacket is short. I know this is how those jackets go, I'm assuming this is the price to pay when you're tall. Should my next one be an XL then? Also I have the ranks on the shoulders, should I take them off? I'm not sure if it adds to the authenticity of the jacket? And I'm scared of damaging it... But at the same time it feels weird having a military rank on the shoulders. Let me know what y'all think.

IMG_20220311_193713.jpg
IMG_20220311_193437_edit_64713594751582.jpg
IMG_20220311_193523_edit_64684403880754.jpg

bn1966

Exactly how I like these type of jackets to fit length wise, looks about the same as the Alpha I’ve been wearing all week.

bn1966

I don’t like wearing patched jackets because I wasn’t there, didn’t notice the rank tabs until I read your post.

Rutger

The fit looks good enough to me. Yes, flight jackets, that's how they are, relatively short in the back.
You may try to find the older version if it is correct that they are about 1" longer in the body.
Mind you, those will be over 40 years old, so it will take more patience to find a decent one.

Boyscout

I bought a Mil-Tec Blouson US CWU from MIL-TEC, size L, very nice jacket, but I had to sell it. Attention, MIL-TEC has short sleeves, not only this jacket, I bought the MIL-TEC anorak from him the same thing, I sold it. Video of one Russian guy.

Rutger

Why not get an original on Ebay.com ? With a bit of patience a decently priced good quality jacket will show up. Shipping has become expensive the past few years though, and if your country's customs are fanatics be prepared to add a percentage before it's in your hands.

Boyscout

Why not get an original on Ebay.com ? With a bit of patience a decently priced good quality jacket will show up. Shipping has become expensive the past few years though, and if your country's customs are fanatics be prepared to add a percentage before it's in your hands.
Ebay.com does not ship to Russia

Boyscout

Ha ha ha! A lot of things are missing, there are no cars, planes, clothes, electronics, photographic equipment and much more, we returned to the Soviet Union