• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CWU-36/45 questions

falcon_ib

Definitely go with the 36p for warm weather. The knits and construction (overall windproof-ness) ensure that it keeps you warm down to like 60 degrees F (16 celsius). It doesnt overheat that easily but doesn't breathe that well either IMO, probably for the same reason that it insulates heat. Very nice for warm nights
Plus it's pretty good for flying ;)

Brettafett

Hi Greg, had both. Originals. Super comfy and practical flight jacket.
I was a spoon for selling them a few years back, bought at Duxford Airshow years back.
Both were great, 45 in UK winter was easy, but for me the 36 was so comfortable to wear!

Silver Surfer

so, I took a pop at the cwu-45 that was shown at the beginning of this thread. I offered the sell a little less dough, and got it. actually, it is even nicer then the pix in the listing. the early ones with the pleated backs are kinda hard to come by, so I'm a happy camper. im just now sewing a "hurricane hunters" patch where the shoulder stick hole are. I may even replace the knit elements, which are solid but a tad stretched,, and I like my knits tight on my winter jackets.

B-Man2

so, I took a pop at the cwu-45 that was shown at the beginning of this thread. I offered the sell a little less dough, and got it. actually, it is even nicer then the pix in the listing. the early ones with the pleated backs are kinda hard to come by, so I'm a happy camper. im just now sewing a "hurricane hunters" patch where the shoulder stick hole are. I may even replace the knit elements, which are solid but a tad stretched,, and I like my knits tight on my winter jackets.
Congrats Vic
Any chance of seeing a few pixs ?

Greg Gale

Well done! In retrospect, I should have gone for it. It has a bi-swing back too. I'm checking fleebay every day, but there aren't any nice size M-s at the moment.

Silver Surfer

yeah, as written a little hard to come by, and in nice clean condition, harder yet, greg. don't give up, because the cwu-45s will start showing up in the fall on greedbay, and there's bound to be a couple of the pleated back versions. btw: the sizing for the 45s is generous. my medium 45 fits almost as a large, as I reckon they were sized for winter gear worn underneath.

Silver Surfer

as requested....while prepping for a serious hurricane surf go out for tomorrows yawn patrol. the out wanted in, so there's Nikko. with??? multiple images. damn, outwitted by new tech again.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_123.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_124.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_125.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_127.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_127.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_128.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_129.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_129.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_126.jpg

Greg Gale

What do you think about Avirex? I didn't know they were an official supplier, but apparently they had a contract in 84? Also, what do you make of this picture? I can't make it out, some stitching problems on the sleeve?

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg