• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CURRENT JACKET COLLECTION 2008

A

Anonymous

I used to have one or two of everthing, with the exception of a 37 Aero which I only have one of.

RudyN

I just have four right now:

US Wings Horsehide A2
Aplha B15C
What Price Glory M41 Field Jacket

An Original M65 Field Jacket

I am saving my pennies so that I can buy a Good Wear A2, just haven't made up my mind which one as they all look very good.

Forgot That I also have an Original Russian Telegreika. Probably late WWII or early 50s

DJS48

ELC: Cable; House A-2, 1991. G/F M422A.

RMNZ: Monarch A-2

AERO: 15142-P "Real Deal" A-2

Speiwak: A-2 reproduction that doesn't remotely resemble the original. I believe this was an attempt at a repro for them some years ago? As I recall, John Chapman had told me about this.

Bronco Original A-2 and Perry A-2 original.

Question regarding storage: The humidity is quite high most of the time in South China. I run a dehumidfier to reduce the moisture in my house. Thus far I haven't seen any mold on the jackets. The jackets are in a closet. Anyone have suggestions/ideas for proper storage?

Regards,
Don

dadgad

Originals:
A. Pritzker & Sons G-1 55-J-14 (44)
L.W. Foster G-1 MIL-J-7823 (42)
Ralph Edwards G-1 MIL-J-7823B('61) (42)
Rolen Sportswear MA-1 MIL-J-8279A (M)
Albert Turner MA-1 MIL-J-8279B('58) (L)
Alpha Industries, Inc. L-2B MIL-J-7448H('68) (L)

Repros:
Eastman Leather A-1 31-800 P (42)
Aeroleather Aero A-2 38-1711-P (42)
Good Wear No-Name A-2 W535-AC-27753 (42)
Buzz Rickson’s “Pattern Recognition” Black MA-1 (L)
Buzz Rickson’s Lion Uniform Company MA-1 (M)

jacketimp

i feel so inadequate.............less than five original A2s.......nothin' worth ooooh aaaaah-ing about.

still i'm tryin to console myself that quality matters NOT quantities.......... :oops:

Roughwear

jacketimp said:
i feel so inadequate.............less than five original A2s.......nothin' worth ooooh aaaaah-ing about.

still i'm tryin to console myself that quality matters NOT quantities.......... :oops:

Why don't you list them? Curious to see what you have. ;) BTW I have just updated my list today.

jacketimp

Roughwear said:
jacketimp said:

Why don't you list them? Curious to see what you have. ;) BTW I have just updated my list today.

i don't do try listing........... :eek:

Roughwear

jacketimp said:
]

Curious to see what you have. ;)

you heard what happened to the curious cat? it stayed............curious ;)

OK. so i will have to assume you have just mall jackets then! :lol:

jacketimp

Roughwear said:
jacketimp said:
]

Curious to see what you have. ;)

you heard what happened to the curious cat? it stayed............curious ;)

OK. so i will have to assume you have just mall jackets then! :lol:

uuuuum rising to challenges is not one of my strengths......

mall jackets they are haha

now the cat is oput of the bag..................meoooooooooow

MikeyB-17

My collection was drastically thinned last year, when virtually all my nylon jackets went to fund bass gear. Today's collection consists of:-

1962 Irvin B. Foster G-1 (probably a PX example as it has a USN spec label but no USN perforation and a 2-piece back)

1977 Greenbrier Industries CWU-45P

1997 ELC House seal steer A-2

Aero seal B-3

French repro tanker

Various other bike/leather jackets, none of any great historical interest. Although the interest remains, the urge to spend large amounts of cash on jackets appears to have left me, at least for the moment. Just as well as I haven't got any to spend! :(

John Lever

Oldies -
Swedish tanker
1930's German bike jacket
2 x's 1950's German bike jackets
1944 British jerkin.

repro -
B-3 duo, Lost worlds
B-3 mono, RMNZ
B-3 Rough wear, ELC

A1, Bronco horse Buzz Ricksons
A1, Cape sheep GW