• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cuff length

A

Anonymous

I see cuffs in different lengths.
Our fellow GW makes them short I think and so I hear that Aero does. In another thread someone says cuff is 5 cm or so.
To my untrained eye the cuff looks nice if it has a length of 8 cm.

So how other repro makers do it? and what is the cuff length in originals?

Any ideas welcome.

regards,
Platon

PLATON said:
So how other repro makers do it? and what is the cuff length in originals?

Hi PLATON!

I have a Flight Suits Civil A-2 whose cuffs are 8.5 cm long (3.35 inch.).
My Aero Real Deal's are approximately 5.5 cm long (2.17 inch.).

The sleeves of both jackets are great. The difference is that you see more of the the F/S's cuffs than the Aero's (when you aren't reaching for something etc). On the other hand the F/S's cuffs tend to pleat themselves, forming an accordeon pattern which can look a little bit corny.

If I would have to choose again, I guess I would go for the shorter ones.

Good luck!
/S_P

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Swedish_Pilot said:
The sleeves of both jackets are great. The difference is that you see more of the the F/S's cuffs than the Aero's (when you aren't reaching for something etc). On the other hand the F/S's cuffs tend to pleat themselves, forming an accordeon pattern which can look a little bit corny.

My RMNZ cuffs are about 2.5", which I'm happy with ... about in the middle of your two. They shouldn't fold up like that, it means the sleeves are too long.

There's a thread on tunneling ...

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=632&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=tunneling

A

Anonymous

Just look at the tunneling on this Eastman

phc13331ob7.jpg

Looking very ugly. Impressive considering that the sleeve does not appear to be long (no wrinkles).

kkochheiser

PLATON said:
Just look at the tunneling on this Eastman

phc13331ob7.jpg

Looking very ugly. Impressive considering that the sleeve does not appear to be long (no wrinkles).

Look at the way he's wearing the jacket though. Wide open and well back on his shoulders. It almost seems like he has pushed the cuff up his arm too. I think if he was wearing it more normally it would be fine. Just my guess though.

Kent

A

Anonymous

Is that an eye at the end of Alec Baldwin's collar? Oh no- wait- it's just the snap- sorry :oops: !