• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crown Zip maintenance

stanier

533800F4-E2E4-47B8-8CB9-F091AD378D13.jpeg
Yesterday I had an unfortunate incident with my ELC D-1. I got to work and was zipping up the pockets for the day when one of the zip pullers fell off. I’ve attached some pics but it seems the pin that holds the puller to the slider fell out. Fortunately but unbelievably I found the parts including the tiny spring and when I have some time could probably push it all back together, but it occurs to me what is to stop the pin coming out again? It hasn’t come out before in 10 or so years and maybe when I do the task something will become obvious but if anyone has any pointers that’s be much appreciated!

silvio76

View attachment 11788 Yesterday I had an unfortunate incident with my ELC D-1. I got to work and was zipping up the pockets for the day when one of the zip pullers fell off. I’ve attached some pics but it seems the pin that holds the puller to the slider fell out. Fortunately but unbelievably I found the parts including the tiny spring and when I have some time could probably push it all back together, but it occurs to me what is to stop the pin coming out again? It hasn’t come out before in 10 or so years and maybe when I do the task something will become obvious but if anyone has any pointers that’s be much appreciated!
Good luck with repairing.

Garylafortuna

It appears that the pin has a head on one end which allows it to be removed only one way. What I would do is clamp a Vice Grip pliers onto the end that protrudes and flatten the pin out a little. Won't take much, just enough to prevent the pin from backing out. Hope this helps Stanier.

stanier

Thanks for the tips guys. It is the Eastman repro, and it will be going back to ELC for fixing I suspect. At 10 years old though it’s probably going to cost me a few quid :(

The actual slider works fine it’s just the puller that for some reason decided to come away:confused:

Carl

Id give it a go at trying to repair it Chris , not that hard a job im sure ! Could save you a few quid ?
C

B-Man2

You will probably have to remove the slider to get a good hit on the pin head to flatten it out properly.

Pilot

Sorry to read this..
I had the same issue with an ELC A-2.
Just sent it back to Rob and they repared / replaced it . They are very good at this...and not so far away from you...

Last edited: