• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crossroads Blues....And Pics of My New GW A-1

Atticus

zoomer said:
What do you think goes better with blues: BBQ or chili?

I like chili, but it isn't a traditional dish here the Southeast. When I think of traditional blues being played by traditional blues musicians, I think of soul food and homemade liquor. Bar-b-que, fried chicken, pork ribs, fried catfish, country ham, smothered pork chops, collards, mash potatoes, rice and gravy, corn pudding, 'tater salad, yams---that sort of thing.

But not chili.

AF

hacker

Atticus said:
......... Bar-b-que, fried chicken, pork ribs, fried catfish, country ham, smothered pork chops, collards, mash potatoes, rice and gravy, corn pudding, 'tater salad, yams---that sort of thing.

But not chili.

AF

How the hell do stay sooo thin? :p

hacker said:
Atticus said:
......... Bar-b-que, fried chicken, pork ribs, fried catfish, country ham, smothered pork chops, collards, mash potatoes, rice and gravy, corn pudding, 'tater salad, yams---that sort of thing.

But not chili.

AF

Man, you're making me so damned hungry! I grew up on food like that (in Craven county in Havelock, not too far from you) and my mouth waters just thinking about it. Mama made the best southern/soul food I've ever tasted. Dig the blues reference , too. I have a couple Pandora stations dedicated to blues. I have a Howlin' Wolf and a Robert Johnson station (Pandora.com... free music site that plays similar sounding music "The music you like" based on structure and it's very, very cool if y'all haven't tried it) and can get a really cool set going with a quick mix of those two.

Anyway, that's a sweet looking jacket and I couldn't agree more on the fit thing. I'm only thirty six, but I'm about twenty pounds heavier than I was at twenty, and that twenty year old fighter pilot thing probably ain't coming back for me. I gave John some measurements that probably would make the guys who favor the WWII "Look" cringe. I like 'em roomy and comfortable, too. Not crazy big, but comfortable.

Hopefully my Werber will be ready soon. John just said in an email that my number will be coming up soon. :D