• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crossroads Blues....And Pics of My New GW A-1

Atticus

Standin' at the crossroads, tried to flag a ride
Whee-hee, I tried to flag a ride
Didn't nobody seem to know me, everybody pass me by

Standin' at the crossroads, risin' sun goin' down
Standin' at the crossroads baby, the risin' sun goin' down
I believe to my soul now, po' Bob is sinkin' down....

Robert Johnson

geoffjacket006.jpg

geoffjacket017.jpg

geoffjacket007.jpg

geoffjacket021.jpg

geoffjacket027.jpg

AF

Atticus

John Lever said:
Now of course, all the members of the ' squadron ' will want one too.

You mean New Bern's geriatric bomb Squadron---the Sreamin' Limpdicks?

Yeah, nowdays we hafta maintain a lower airspeed than most of the whippersnapper squadrons, so we usually catch a little hell over the target....and our accuracy was better in our youth, so we tend to obliterate a few churches, hospitals and orphanages....

But what the hell? We're still...willin'!

AF

T-Bolt

Very fine looking jacket there Geoff! I particularly like the shade of brown on that A-1.......looks very nice. :cool:

Ted

Lignemaginot

Swing said:
Looks nice, but personally I'd want it at least one size smaller.

~Swing

Not me - it's perfect. Extra tight might be OK for those still in their late teens and early 20s, and flying in confined cockpits, but in all honesty a little room to breathe means I'd use the jacket more.

I've just received my 27753 from John, an exact copy of an original that I sent to him. I had worn the original (which is as near mint as you can get, I'd say) sparingly for fear of doing any damage. Now, I've got essentially the eaxct same jacket that wants to be worn into the ground. And I'm the man to do it.

Atticus

Yeah, I've lost about twenty pounds since I got back from Milwaukee this summer. And it was before then that I sent John my measurements for the A-1. I guess I'm pretty much back to my normal, pre-phat-phase weight, now. I started to call John and tell him about the weight loss---he really didn't start on my jacket until the first week in October---but I decided against it. I figured that I would much rather have a jacket that will accept some variation in my weight. And its no secret that I like loose fitting jackets, anyhow. :cool:

AF

Vcruiser

Atticus said:
Standin' at the crossroads, tried to flag a ride
Whee-hee, I tried to flag a ride
Didn't nobody seem to know me, everybody pass me by

Standin' at the crossroads, risin' sun goin' down
Standin' at the crossroads baby, the risin' sun goin' down
I believe to my soul now, po' Bob is sinkin' down....

Robert Johnson

geoffjacket006.jpg

AF

Looks good on ya,Son.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd60nI4sa9A

srivats

JC's capeskin is simply amazing ... wonderful jacket and lovely photos. Thanks for sharing them! Enjoy your jacket, Atticus!

donsom

Jacket size looks perfect ... but even more so, the look of the leather is fantastic.

I'm already putting money away to get one for the spring when the weather gets nice again.

What type of 6 string's in the case? Have you been playing for some time?

Atticus

donsom said:
Jacket size looks perfect ... but even more so, the look of the leather is fantastic.

I'm already putting money away to get one for the spring when the weather gets nice again.

What type of 6 string's in the case? Have you been playing for some time?

Hi Donsom,

Thank you!

That's my old (1973) Gibson J-50. Yes, I've been playing for quite a few years, on and off.

AF

Members online

Latest posts