• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cowhide A-2

Brettafett

Pike Bros, QMI.be, Schott, Seal Military, US Wings used to do one... Maybe Wested.... None of these are very good tbh.

Piperpilot

I have an original Roughwear A2 for which I need to replace the Contract Label. Can anyone help me with a supplier - preferably in North America.

Piperpilot

I have an original Roughwear A2 for which I need to replace the Contract Label. Can anyone help me with a supplier - preferably in North America.

DJS48

Thanks for the replies regarding the steer A-2. Although I am not in a position to buy a new one, I'll just look around and see what happens. Thanks again.
Don

alanart

Thanks for the replies regarding the steer A-2. Although I am not in a position to buy a new one, I'll just look around and see what happens. Thanks again.
Don

Shawn Ali from Five Star leather will offer A2 in caw hide soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zoomer

I've owned some nice cow A-2s by Polo. Not super strict spec, often cut to fashionista proportions, but they source some quality hides.

DJS48

Thanks for the additional input regarding the cow/steer jackets. I'd be looking for a "somewhat more accurate" one without the big price tag which is typical of many consumers.

Cheers and Regards,
Don

jack31916

Thanks for the additional input regarding the cow/steer jackets. I'd be looking for a "somewhat more accurate" one without the big price tag which is typical of many consumers.

Cheers and Regards,
Don
What size are you looking for?

Spitfireace

Cheers and Regards,
Don
This is the issue with repros so far is that they are not accurate unless you move up to the high end. Some of the so called budget makers are starting to move up to more accurate copies, but if you want a really accurate repro maybe look at used jackets.

Spitfireace

I'm saying that if mrchina wants an accurate steerhide repro he should look at used high end repros. Although why steerhide I don't know. Most WW2 A-2s were horsehide but some steerhide and some goathide.

Pilot

There were or are a couple of DD steerhide A-2’s on greedbay. If the size fits...Why not.