• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Couple of vansons

bfd70

E439E9B8-2D5B-4FD2-A417-28965565E696.jpeg
C2

bfd70

Is that a C2 or an E/highwayman?
I’m considering sending mine in for a collar this summer.

petermack09

Is that a C2 or an E/highwayman?
I’m considering sending mine in for a collar this summer.
E/highwayman,collar fits great & I’m sure it will probably be a permanent fixture seeing as I’m in Scotland,,

Last edited:

AZ Drifter

Peter; that is a fine looking jacket. Recently told wife I'd like to have a "proper biker jacket" w/fur collar to add to my collection of seldom worn gear. She just gives me 'that look'- "what're'ya nuts?" Or maybe she thinks I'll buy a 'hardly D.' next. So, did you get it new or used?
Luv it!!

petermack09

I got it from a really nice guy from the fedora lounge,,he had worn it in house for a couple of hours and decided it didn’t fit properly,,I took a chance on the sizing & it’s worked out perfectly.my best fitting jacket by far.i haven’t even worn it on the bike yet,,just out walking the dog & believe it or not about the house to speed up the break in,,wife just walks by shaking her head lololol,,buy one ric,,you know you want to ,;-)

AZ Drifter

Pete; thanx for the encouragement. I usually like to buy Moto gear used. Probably saw that on F.L. Kinda worried about buying w/out trying on. Glad to hear you 'got lucky'!
Wear it in good health & great ADVentures!!
BTW, are you on "ADVenture Rider" as well?
Regards, RIC.

petermack09

Hi Ric,,no I’m not on AVD ,,not riding much at the moment due to the weather & also my sciatica is bad right now,,hopefully get out soon for a couple of day runs around the Scottish lochs that are close by..beautiful countryside .

AZ Drifter

Pete; maybe you need to come ride in Arizona. Beautiful spring weather in mountains & desert is in bloom (cacti & wild flowers). Warm weather & easy ride always helps my back & winter blues. And, I have a couple of extra BMWs that need exercising.
Best, Ric.

petermack09

1E1CCA5B-E672-430F-A793-95FA861C0B1C.png
Pete; maybe you need to come ride in Arizona. Beautiful spring weather in mountains & desert is in bloom (cacti & wild flowers). Warm weather & easy ride always helps my back & winter blues. And, I have a couple of extra BMWs that need exercising.
Best, Ric.
Ric,,I’m on my way :)

Dubpynchon

How's model E sizing? I have a vanson chopper in size L which is size 43 that fits me snug.
Vanson's sizing can vary a lot in my experience, I have an E in 42 which fits me well, but I've had a Model B in 42 which was too tight, and a Model A in 44 which was fine. It's best to go from measurements and pray I think.

KissMyMuscle

Vanson's sizing can vary a lot in my experience, I have an E in 42 which fits me well, but I've had a Model B in 42 which was too tight, and a Model A in 44 which was fine. It's best to go from measurements and pray I think.
I thought B is a relaxed fit jacket. Do you find vanson's sleeve lengths varies a lot between styles too? I am interested in buying their cafe racer style, Model B or A. But I worry the sleeve lengths may be a problem.

Dubpynchon

I thought B is a relaxed fit jacket. Do you find vanson's sleeve lengths varies a lot between styles too? I am interested in buying their cafe racer style, Model B or A. But I worry the sleeve lengths may be a problem.
In my experience they can vary. I had to have the sleeves of my Enfield shortened an inch and a half I think, the others were all fine, with a length of around 25-26 inches.