• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Couple of vansons

petermack09

0C0BDFD5-3357-446D-94D3-4FD23DE8C7DC.jpeg
Aero,lost worlds and my made to measure bks police issue,

bfd70

693C552E-AA93-423D-8278-EED7B92310B2.jpeg

I think Vanson makes a very good product at their pricepoint. They were running a 10% off sale when i purchased this C2 for a little over $600 shipped. Very good customer service as well. They offered and mailed me two jackets and told me to send back the one that didn’t fit. Even picked up return shipping.

Juanito

You are dead on right about Vanson's customer service. One of their Agent's refuce to measure me if I didn't order through them. Considering I was having a custom jacket from Vanson, there was no reason to go through Thurston for the order, but the refusal to measure...

So Vanson did the same thing; the sent a couple of jackets just for measuring and paid the postage back, I told them what I wanted as far as changes and BOOM, custom jacket in about 4 weeks at what I thought was a reasonable price--half of what Langlits would have charged. Yes, there could be some improvement in detail like sewing the cuffs down, but the jackets are phenominal. I also have a couple of Langlitz jackets and there is little quality difference between them Heck, the Vanson stitching it probably tighter, although the Langlits leather is thicker/heavier. It Vanson is pigment finished and totally water inpervious. The Langlitz is not and need the leather conditoner to make it water resistant.

AZ Drifter

20190211_092055.jpg 20190211_092147.jpg Greetings from Arizona
This is my Vanson "Mark2 Night Challenger", sz44.
Found at garage sale! Has reflective piping & roll down air vents (front). Didn't find "night challenger" on Vanson website. Maybe discontinued? Any body else got or seen one?

petermack09

Great looking jacket AZ,,I have the vanson Enfield that I used on my Harley & The two other jackets are a cobra mk 2 & a cobra properf for use on the speed triple..for the two warm days a year we get in Scotland .

AZ Drifter

Hi, Pete! Thanks for the reply. That 'Enfield' would look great on a Triumph scrambler. Or even a Ducati...
I currently have "old" Airhead BMW GSs.
Love the Vanson weight & style, but usually wear textiles for changing temps & Arizona elevations - Deserts & mountains.
Best regards, Ric.

petermack09

809896B4-97CB-45A5-852D-17392E32307A.jpeg
849F3DCD-BD64-49E8-9044-622E4150BBD3.jpeg
Hi Ric,very nearly bought The scrambler before I decided to go with the speed triple R,,loved the looks of the scrambler ,just pretty gutless,,,needs more low down torque to make it fun,,I still have a bit of the hooligan in me :)the early gs850 was a great bike ,,how do you like this

AZ Drifter

Pete, Very cool. Love the Speed Triple! Great sporttouring - in US anyway. But the CCM!? "Clews"? correct? Is that a 600/650cc? Husqvarna motor? Looks like a very capable dirt tracker/scrambles/bobber. Again from a US perspective.
You mentioned the early G/S (800CC); the original big bike dual sport. I've owned 2. Not great for anyone thing but a lot of fun all around.
Now my persuasion is to R100 GS. I own 4, from '89 to '95.
DSCF0073.JPG

petermack09

009575D1-4A37-4215-90B5-FE58C835FF92.jpeg
Hi ric,,yes it’s the 600cc ccm ccm scrambler,,,great fun,,unfortunately the weather here curtails my bike use ,,in lucky if I get out a handful of times a year ,,sold this after owning it for 25yrs of sitting in the garage getting polished ,,complete waste of a good bike,

AZ Drifter

Pete, looks like an FXR "Low Rider"? Believe it or not, in 45 yrs of motos I've never owned a 'Harley. Un-American, I know. They just don't fit my riding style/preference.
Did check out a FXR-RS (sport) once back in early '90s.
But always leaned more to off road/dirt & dual sport.
Riding for me has been limited lately. Even in Arizona we've had some wacky weather. In the mountains of central AZ we have 2 seasons - Hot or cold. I've got riding gear for almost every degree-F or C. But ageing doesn't go well with extremes.
Well, guess I'll go polish something in the garage & wait for snow to stop.
Regards from AZ-USA, Ric.

Vcruiser

Thank you. No I don't have the liner. However much under 50 degrees and I take the car. I do layer on occasion with a insulated vest.

B-Man2

Van
The jacket looks great and the bike looks awesome. I’m an old Harley rider for years. Started riding Harley’s when you had three choices an XLH , XLCH or an FLH. The FLH had a spark retard switch on the handle bars and you had to rotate it or your leg or ankle would pay the price for your negligence, if you didn’t follow through with the kick stroke when trying to start it. If I was still riding today however it would be a tough choice between a Harley vs. an Indian Classic.:)

Vcruiser

Yep, I certainly remember the spark retard on the handlebars. I learned to ride in 1964 on my buddies customized Pan Head that had the retard located in the left twistable grip if I remember correctly. After returning from the Army in 1972 I bought my first bike. A Triumph 500...then a new Kaw 750, HD Lowrider Custom 1340 and finally the 2003 Sportster 1200 ( my favorite ) a few years after I retired.