• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Could this be a M422(A)?

Ualman

g&f or block m-422a.i forget which if not both had the one wider slotted pocket. both had the pointy collar lobes, and both had salmon colored liners. both had m-42 talons. that the jacket does not have us on the back of the collar would indicate that it was possibly made for the civy market, or px purchase. and yes, as a rule, the goat hides on the m series jackets was high quality, and have held up well over the many years.

Hi Silver Surfer, that crossed my mind as well. Not sure if his rank/position made him entiteled to be issued one. If it were a privately bought jacket could he have worn it at the base?
The jacket has his name,rank/job and USN in the inside pocket. Would think he would do that so he wouldn’t lose his jacket with many around.
But who knows.....
Hope one day to find out more about him.

MikeyB-17

Blimey, think I preferred the thumbnails! :D
I could be wrong, but I think I can see, very faintly, in black, what looks like US on the back of the collar-over to the right. And possibly stitch holes where the label would have been? My first thought was G&F when I saw it.

Ualman

Blimey, think I preferred the thumbnails! :D
I could be wrong, but I think I can see, very faintly, in black, what looks like US on the back of the collar-over to the right. And possibly stitch holes where the label would have been? My first thought was G&F when I saw it.
Haha, can imagine. It went a little wrong with the photo’s.
Will have a look at what you mention. It would help in determining what jacket it is.
Thank you for the info.

galvestonokie

my guess is G&F. attached is a G&F jacket i formerly owned, see the left pocket, etc.

GF front 3.JPG

GF 2.JPG