• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Correction ( and a little embarrassment as well)

B-Man2

A while back I posted photos of a Rough Wear A2 that I’ve owned for sometime now. I posted the jacket pictured below in at least two or three threads including “What Jackets Are You Wearing at the Moment?” and Repro A-2 Jackets with Hard Use--Let's see yours!
In all of those threads I consistently identified the jacket as a Real McCoy's New Zealand, Rough Wear A2.
Well ....you can imagine my complete surprise and a feeling of embarrassment, when I received an email from John Chapman on another subject, at the end of which he let me know in a very gentlemanly way, that this jacket was a Good Wear, Rough Wear A2, made by him.
Needless to say, I felt pleasantly surprised but completely embarrassed and a little stupid for not realizing what I owned and who made it.

John if you happen to read this,
My Sincerest Apologizes.

So here’s the jacket and here’s the retraction.
This is a Good Wear, Rough Wear A 2 and NOT a RMNZ as previously stated .
(duh!!)

E3C18B9F-2972-4F8C-938E-D36D709B5584.jpeg

Last edited:

B-Man2

Ah Clark you’re killin me. LOL
Reminds me of Obe Wan at the guarded gate.
“ you don’t need to see our identification , let them pass through “
“ you must rid yourself of that jacket immediately “
YES OBE WAN CLARK.

Lebowski

You might not want to sell to this guy.
A while back I posted photos of a Rough Wear A2 that I’ve owned for sometime now. I posted the jacket pictured below in at least two or three threads including “What Jackets Are You Wearing at the Moment?” and Repro A-2 Jackets with Hard Use--Let's see yours!
In all of those threads I consistently identified the jacket as a Real McCoy's New Zealand, Rough Wear A2.
Well ....you can imagine my complete surprise and a feeling of embarrassment, when I received an email from John Chapman on another subject, at the end of which he let me know in a very gentlemanly way, that this jacket was a Good Wear, Rough Wear A2, made by him.
Needless to say, I felt pleasantly surprised but completely embarrassed and a little stupid for not realizing what I owned and who made it.

John if you happen to read this,
My Sincerest Apologizes.

So here’s the jacket and here’s the retraction.
This is a Good Wear, Rough Wear A 2 and NOT a RMNZ as previously stated .
(duh!!)

View attachment 12118
I thought initially (when I saw this fabulous photo for the first time at some thread over here) that it looked to have too much of charisma to be made by RMC actually.
Don't get me wrong please - RMC jackets are very very nice, but their A-2's just don't look so extremely charismatic as JC's A-2's usually do.
I mean RMC A-2's are commonly kind of "plain", esp. in comparison with JC's A-2's... if you know what I mean... (that's only about A-2's, RMC civilian jackets are absolutely gorgeous!) Well, those are only my personal preferences may be.
Anyway, now it all makes sense!
Congrats Burt!)

Last edited:

EmergencyIan

It’s a goddamn nice jacket, Burt! It’s even better to know that it’s a Good Wear, in case you ever want to part with it. On top of that, this shows that you’re probably a better member than most of us deserve to have in our ranks, including me.

- Ian

B-Man2

It’s a goddamn nice jacket, Burt! It’s even better to know that it’s a Good Wear, in case you ever want to part with it. On top of that, this shows that you’re probably a better member than most of us deserve to have in our ranks, including me.

- Ian
Very kind words Ian
Thank you.