• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Corcoran Boot Sizing

Innerworld

Hello lads,
Did some looking around the forum but didn't quite find an answer to my question.
Been considering getting a pair of Corcoran jump boots lately, either a vintage black pair or a WWII brown pair (repro).
But I'm a little worried as I have had absolutely NO luck with boots lately. Seems like everything I'm ordering I'm mailing back as they're either too big or too small. Was hoping someone could give me some insight on how these jump boots hit.
For example, Converse shoes I wear an 8, Chippewa boots 8-8.5, Danner combat boots 8 Reg. But I tried on some modern US issue boots that were a size 8 but they were huge!!
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers!
Brandon

B-Man2

Hello lads,
Did some looking around the forum but didn't quite find an answer to my question.
Been considering getting a pair of Corcoran jump boots lately, either a vintage black pair or a WWII brown pair (repro).
But I'm a little worried as I have had absolutely NO luck with boots lately. Seems like everything I'm ordering I'm mailing back as they're either too big or too small. Was hoping someone could give me some insight on how these jump boots hit.
For example, Converse shoes I wear an 8, Chippewa boots 8-8.5, Danner combat boots 8 Reg. But I tried on some modern US issue boots that were a size 8 but they were huge!!
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers!
Brandon
Whatever size you normally wear ( you have to figure out what that consistently is ) go with that or if you’re going to wear thick heavy socks with these boots ,and I would recommend doing that with these. Go up a half size as your feet will swell in them as they heat up with long hikes or walks.

jack31916

As far as I know the (real) Corcoran boots are true to size. I wear a US Size 10,5 and so are my Corcorans. I had the late 40's / 50's black ones and now I have the brown WW2 repros in size 10,5 D. Maybe they feel (too) big on you due to the shape of the boot and the roomy toecap. Also check the width of the boots.

For what it's worth and good luck

ausreenactor

I have a pair of 9.5 and a pair of 10.5 repro Corcorans. I generally wear a 10.5 in a running shoe. The 9.5 are bearable. The 10.5 tend to look a bit 'Clowny'.. Perhaps a 10 would be perfect for me.. ?? Check the sizing posts on the At The Front website.. Or try the ATF Facebook page and ask around?

Ed Rooney

I'm a true 11m. Footjoys, Clark's, Timberlands, all an 11. In Nike, UA and NB sneakers, I am a 12.5 or 13. Strangely, I was issued size 9 1/2 Wide combat boots in Basic Training, which fit perfectly, but then bought size 11 Corcorans a few months later.