• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

COPY OF PATCH FROM A RECENTLY SOLD A-2 ON EBAY ?

A

Anonymous

Here is a patch I copied from one mounted on an A-2 jacket that just sold on ebay for $2k+.I have several original examples of this patch in my photo file and they are all very amateurish with regards to the workmanship and line work .This one I will redo the head again as I am not happy with it but it is close to an original .

134-1.jpg

original
Wombat1-Copy.jpg

original
DSC0058913.jpg

It is sitting on a LW goatskin A-2 that was in mint condition new new new .It looked like a PVC jacket with no character straight lines perfect stiching cutting etc etc .The jacket measure 25" pit to pit and is marked size 48 .I put it in the washing machine and tumble dried it and the whole jacket shrunk to 22" pit to pit :x . I put it to one side for a few days and thought about it then I wetted it down until the lining was getting wet and zipped it up and wore it for about an hour then I took it off an put on a sweater and wore it for another hour .The jacket did stretch back to size and I got some character into the leather also :) . The jacket now is so much better looking and has lost that naf look .The jacket before the wash I was always wondering was this right or that right and I could not put my finger on it sort of thing ,now it fits better than any jacket I have and is comfortable also .I would love to change the zip on the jacket I wonder if JC would sell me one .

All the best Jeff

442RCT

Where was this bomber group stationed, the design of the patch is almost like a tattoo from New Guinea or someplace like that. I guess the next step with my el cheapo squeaky jacket is to wash it in hot water to see if I can shrink the sleeves. I don't particularly want to shrink the body of the jacket, as it fits me fine.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Chris ,re where was the 374th bombardment squadron stationed .They were in China Burma India with some operations in New Guinea 14th Air force.The patch was in use during WW2 some variations were red and black ,approved by the Airforce in 1952 .

Here is some more info
http://www.cbi-history.com/part_ib.html

All the best Jeff