• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cooper 'blue label' G-1 jackets?

navairfan

Were these jackets, which I believe were produced in the late 80's and '90's, the same jacket issued by the Navy, but with a different label? The tag on mine says it's goatskin. How do these Cooper jackets compare to Excelled and Pharr G-1's? Thanks in advance!

silvio76

Were these jackets, which I believe were produced in the late 80's and '90's, the same jacket issued by the Navy, but with a different label? The tag on mine says it's goatskin. How do these Cooper jackets compare to Excelled and Pharr G-1's? Thanks in advance!
Cooper was contractor for A-2 and G-1 in period 1988-1996. Blue label G-1 jacket is basically same as jacket produced for USN. Only difference was that jacket for USN was treated with fire retardant, and, of course jackets for USN had different label. Todays G-1 jackets are made of cowhide, and Cooper jackets were made of goatskin.

navairfan

Cooper was contractor for A-2 and G-1 in period 1988-1996. Blue label G-1 jacket is basically same as jacket produced for USN. Only difference was that jacket for USN was treated with fire retardant, and, of course jackets for USN had different label. Todays G-1 jackets are made of cowhide, and Cooper jackets were made of goatskin.

Thanks, Silvio!