• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comparison inbetween all RoughWear A-2 27752 makers

Pilot

Very keen of a RoughWear A-2 27752, hence, just wondering whether there was a comparison available reviewing all three prime makers of this RW A-2 type in means of :quality of reproduction, authenticity etc ...already done here or somewhere else?.
I am looking for a race inbetween GW, ELC and BK RoughWear A-2 27752.
Happy to receive some feedback.
Thx in advance...
Greetings from spring like Seoul.

Last edited:

Ole

Banned
I 'd really like to buy the 27752 from all 3 mentioned makers and make the review for you. I would keep the best and resell the other two.
The only problem is got to wait 2 years for GW to deliver their jacket. Can you wait 2 years? If you can then in 2020 I will write the review with photos.

Roughwear

To compare different makers' versions of Rough Wear 27752 jackets you need to have a reference point and clear criteria. The reference point should be at least one original 27752. Ideally each original and repro jacket should be photographed so the same aspects are shown, such the front, back, collar, label, lining, snaps, zip, under arm vent holes, knits, etc..

It is worth remembering repros from the high end makers evolve over time so there will be variations between 27752s from the same repro maker just as there were with originals from this 50,000 contract!

Last edited:

Pilot

To compare different makers' versions of Rough Wear 27752 jackets you need to have a reference point and clear criteria. The reference point should be at least one original 27752. Ideally each original and repro jacket should be photographed so the same aspects are shown, such the front, back, collar, label, lining, snaps, zip, under arm vent holes, knits, etc..

It is worth remembering repros from the high end makers evolve over time so there will be variations between 27752s from the same repro maker just as there were with originals from this 50,000 contract!
Thx Andrew, just wondering whether it was done already by owners of these jackets.

johnwayne

Had a DD A-2 Poughkeepsie a few months ago...sold it here untouched 1/3 of the price I paid ....was not so impressed about it. Left a bitter taste... for me at laest...

Curiosity really but why the bitter taste? I've assumed the GW/DD connection ensured for a nice repro! Not wishing to uncover any 'dirt' as such as I'm aware there was not long ago a bit of DD bashing re his nylon jackets, particularly over on the 'hat place' but it's good to know for future ref if/when considering another repro. Personally I've never had any dealings with DD and I know he contributes here from time to time but he always comes over well when I've read his input!!

Juanito

My Diamond Dave Cable A-2 matched the standards of any high end repro I have ever owned from a manufacturing and design replication aspect. The only issue I had was the extremely thin aniline finish on the leather. In fact, it was so thin it appears "antiqued" and cracked before it was worn and this was not one of the combat clone models.

In short if the leather finish had been different, I would most likely still have the jacket as I was 100% satisfied in every other regard.

One final comment: While the DD jackets do not resell outright for as much as a GW for example, they do on a percentage basis at about 40-50% of cost new. Too, certain contracts appear to be more desirable than others, and things like name tags, needle marks and "time worn" finishes detract from value.

I have also note that the jacket market has gotten very soft over the last few months.

Last edited:

Pilot

My Diamond Dave Cable A-2 matched the standards of any high end repro I have ever owned from a manufacturing and design replication aspect. The only issue I had was the extremely thin aniline finish on the leather. In fact, it was so thin it appears "antiqued" and cracked before it was worn and this was not one of the combat clone models.

In short if the leather finish had been different, I would most likely still have the jacket as I was 100% satisfied in every other regard.

One final comment: While the DD jackets do not resell outright for as much as a GW for example, they do on a percentage basis at about 40-50% of cost new. Too, certain contracts appear to be more desirable than others, and things like name tags, needle marks and "time worn" finishes detract from value.

I have also note that the jacket market has gotten very soft over the last few months.
All here...
wonder why already forgotten...and if this is a “wow!!! reproduction””” OK-...fair enough..scroll down...and make up your own opinion...
http://vintageleatherjackets.org/threads/f-s-good-wear-diamond-a-2-46-poughkeepsie-unworn.19972/

The buyer ( Jack ) a very nice guy, immediately informed VLJ that the rigger tape hides a hole in the liner...this was totally hidden by DD...
This is a little part of the bitter taste for me as a buyer/seller here...check or scroll for the rest...
Anyway, I love my original GW A-2’s, and will recommand an buy again...DD...NOT SURE...
and the audience here confirmed it all ..I paid ..930,-Euro all incl (shipping and customs incl.)
Selling it...here 3 days later.....unused, never worn....for 330 Euro...all incl...What a drop!!!!..wondering why such a great repro ,A-2 , great size etc...depressed so fast...
Again only facts and photos...if compared to GW,ELC, ALC, BR, RMC..., no way it would have ended this way...
This is my 600 Euro loss experience within 4 days of this A-2 life in my possession..It was untouched unused...hence is not very standard for a high end jacket put on the sale here.....( not crying,...I am well off since long time...)...
Thx for reading...and wondering....Happy for all happy DD customer...I was not...and will never be...sorry if so...
During this dwelling period I ordered/ bought several other top prime makers jackets ( Ken, Rob , and others can confirm here...) ...Guess who won..and who lost...more than 600 Euro...

Last edited: