• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Come on really!!!

ausreenactor

If there was a good square-shoulder copy of the thick cotton oficer's tropical shirt in my size- I'd get it. They're very useful as actual shirts and you can wear them untucked as a kind of safari shirt. I actually buy Hard Yakka cotton shirts from Australia for this. They don't have epaulets but they look like the Steve Irwin shirt untucked.
Possibly made in China these days but Legendary gear.

JonnyCrow

If there was a good square-shoulder copy of the thick cotton oficer's tropical shirt in my size- I'd get it. They're very useful as actual shirts and you can wear them untucked as a kind of safari shirt. I actually buy Hard Yakka cotton shirts from Australia for this. They don't have epaulets but they look like the Steve Irwin shirt untucked.
Theres a place called world war wonders used to have a few of those along with the British aertex tropical shirts, they do still have aertex tropical shirt/tunics they call them bush shirts

mulceber

Somewhere around here, I’ve got a big box full of original service shirts. Picked up the whole box for like $10-$15 a few yrs ago.

Steve
Just a thought … sounds like now might be the time to open up that box and and take inventory. There’s definitely an interest in them. ;)

I'd be interested in one, if the size is right and the price is okay.

Srahimian24

Notice the sizes available for these reproductions. You'd pay much more than their price for an original as large as their larger sizes...
I have 2 larger sizes that I have stumbled across and both were 30 bucks.. I like eastman, but that price is lightly excessive

Spitfireace

I remember wool 1953 type uniform when I was in army cadets when I was 13. It was Korean/ww2 type of material. Itchy as all get out. Classic stuff though.

B-Man2

As a kid growing up in PA I had a couple of wool shirts made by the Woolrich Co. They were always lined but very warm . Not sure if I would like wearing an unlined heavy wool shirt today .

Chandler

As a kid growing up in PA I had a couple of wool shirts made by the Woolrich Co. They were always lined but very warm . Not sure if I would like wearing an unlined heavy wool shirt today .
Years ago I had a great, forest green Woolrich flannel shirt -- thick and warm. I finally wore holes in the elbows and haven't found a suitable replacement. :confused:

Srahimian24

Of course there are deals to be had, but generally speaking, original wool shirts in decent shape in much larger sizes are going for premium prices these days.
Premium yes but I have yet to see any that actually sell for the price of Eastman's especially once you take into consideration the exchange rate and shipping