• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Come on really!!!

MauldinFan

Premium yes but I have yet to see any that actually sell for the price of Eastman's especially once you take into consideration the exchange rate and shipping
Well, I have seen originals go for that much in great condition for very large sizes, both at shows and online.
The average GI was around 5 foot 8 and weighed much less than most of us today. Not many shirts were made for someone who was, say, well over 6 feet tall and 200 pounds. The rarity of a shirt like that places a hefty premium on it.
I would have serious problems accepting anyone is encountering XL size original wool uniforms in good condition for cheap prices more than a couple times in their lifetime, these days.

ausreenactor

Well, I have seen originals go for that much in great condition for very large sizes, both at shows and online.
The average GI was around 5 foot 8 and weighed much less than most of us today. Not many shirts were made for someone who was, say, well over 6 feet tall and 200 pounds. The rarity of a shirt like that places a hefty premium on it.
I would have serious problems accepting anyone is encountering XL size original wool uniforms in good condition for cheap prices more than a couple times in their lifetime, these days.
42R Ike jackets are worth hundreds of USD now... Used to grab them for under $100 and I could pick the patches and chevrons I wanted.. or clean if wanted...

MauldinFan

42R Ike jackets are worth hundreds of USD now... Used to grab them for under $100 and I could pick the patches and chevrons I wanted.. or clean if wanted...
Yep, exactly my point.
Anyone who thinks WW2 unforms in 'real world' sizes can be bought for a few bucks is trapped in the early 1990s...

Members online

Latest posts