• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Colorized history

YoungMedic

This is one of my Facebook feeds, he likes to colorize historic photos. Although the jackets are still grayscale the picture I thought was very appropriate

caption : Major James A. Ellison returns the salute of Mac Ross of Dayton, Ohio, as he passes down the line during the review of the very first class of Tuskegee cadets; visible in the back are two Vultee BT-13 Valiant trainer aircraft. Photograph taken in Tuskegee, Alabama, in 1941

1483439_609785652409448_828969150_n.jpg

capt71

Although I'm definitely not a fan of "colorizing" photos (especially historical ones), this is a great photograph. The jackets have been colorized--if they were still grayscale, they wouldn't be brown.

Silver Surfer

look good to me, real good. anyone remember the early "colorized" movies offered on turner classics? as i understand it, they were colored frame by frame, by hand. most looked kinda crappy, but now and again, some were goofy, like smoking good boo, since the reference points were a little vague. gotta tree? make it some kinda green stuff. and then, once in while, you could tell that real care was taken to make it as good as possible.