• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cologne to wear with your flight jacket

ZuZu

As long as a flight jacket doesn't smell like a submariner's jacket, then all is fine !
My original mint 55J14 Star smells like an old goat in rut. So much so that I elected not to wear it on a plane ride as I thought of the poor person sitting next to me. (I don't take off my jackets on plane rides)

johnwayne

I do find it odd we’re talking about mens cologne’s on a vintage flight jacket site!
Also, someone earlier mentioned Bay Rum, thats is actually a hair tonic albeit it does smell quite nice though and reminds me of ‘Brilliantine’ from years ago!!

MikeyB-17

I do find it odd we’re talking about mens cologne’s on a vintage flight jacket site!
Why not? We’ve done everything else, hats, shirts, jeans, sunglasses, slippers! It’s all stuff that is worn with flight jackets. I’m still tempted to start one on underpants.

B-Man2

Underwear ?????
Socks???????
What the hell’s next ?

Oh wait … I know.
How about … What kind of these do you wear with your flight jacket ?

(Well you just knew it was coming right ?);)
E2529C39-26D3-4149-8D5C-A7B1E016FB97.jpeg

Pa12

You aren’t far off the mark actually… I read some reviews in the past where women actually liked men to smell of motor oil and firewood. I guess it reminds them of their dad working in the garage.
Hmmm. Never worked for me.

Pa12

I was thinking Hoppe's No.9 bore cleaner. For those pure .50 cal moments...

Interestingly its website says it has a classic smell that only comes with Hoppe's No.9 !

They clearly mean it to be a multi function gentlemans care product. Must be for gentlemen it talks about being solvent ;-)
Now, if they could have one that smelled like freshly fired gun powder, I’d buy that for a dollar ;)